• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Departure Board Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

benfl3713

Out of interest how many people would be interested in introducing an admin tool that could control what a board can do.
E.g You could just leave up the board on a screen permanently, and control what is shown on it from a separate computer.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D365

Veteran Member
Out of interest how many people would be interested in introducing an admin tool that could control what a board can do.
E.g You could just leave up the board on a screen permanently, and control what is shown on it from a separate computer.

Would be useful for something like a Raspberry Pi!

E.g. I’ve got a few Pis (and monitors) spare; always thought it would be a fun project to turn one into a departure board like you describe.

A bit late to the party with this one, but it's an excellent site you've made! Particularly like how it looks on a smart TV :)

benfl3713

If you now go into settings and change the datasource to be from National Rail then you can get train length for certain services. I know I don't have the correct length icon yet, however it is better then no length at all.
Please note this is in a beta stage so not everything may be fully working. Arrivals are currently not supported on the new data source but I am looking to implement this very soon

1593700250250.png

Last edited:

bengley

Established Member
No need for an icon for it! Just 'This train is formed of x carriages' which is what the departure boards generally say will do!

py_megapixel

Established Member
Very nice website, looks impressively similar to what we see at stations, but it's infuriating that you can't type a CRS code, you have to type the station name out in full. Any chance of updating it to allow this?

benfl3713

Very nice website, looks impressively similar to what we see at stations, but it's infuriating that you can't type a CRS code, you have to type the station name out in full. Any chance of updating it to allow this?
Yes that is possible. I'll add that to the list of improvements I need to make

blakey1152

Very useful and impressive! I'm going to be using this when I have to get the train anywhere as then I can see how they are running without fiddling with phone apps etc!
Well done!

David Goddard

Established Member
This is excellent- well done. Clearly a lot of work as gone in and it paid off.
Is there a way to pull up the screen which shows the next ten departures from the station, as well as the individual platform ones?

ps can the welcome sentence say "railway stations" instead of "train stations"?

cb00

Great work Ben! I wish the boards at my local station reflected similarly useful information at a glance.

SargeNpton

Established Member
For the data source, are you using working times or advertised times? Though most ate the same to within ½ minute; there can be some services where the two vary by several minutes.

benfl3713

Hi @SargeNpton
I believe when you have the datasouce set to RealTimeTrains (I.e the Default datasouce) then it uses the working times as well as showing a status of arrived when the train is approaching the platform.
If you change the datasouce to NationalRail then it uses the Advertised times as well as delaying when the platform information is available in big terminal stations such as London Euston.

flythetube

raildar.co.uk displays departures or arrivals in a similar manner to Station Boards (see screenshot).

Attachments

• 46371392-7B55-4526-82CD-9763065C6A8D.jpeg
    46371392-7B55-4526-82CD-9763065C6A8D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 38
Status
Not open for further replies.