• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Depot Driver- Bournemouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

djwent

I passed all the tests and interviews for Trainee Driver at Bournemouth at the end of last year, was booked in for a medical in April but had it cancelled due to COVID. I'm now just waiting with crossed fingers for a medical and start date which I hope might be early next year, but imagine it could be quite a while with everything that's going on.

Its good to see that they are still advertising for drivers down here on the coast!

PickleTree

I passed all the tests and interviews for Trainee Driver at Bournemouth at the end of last year, was booked in for a medical in April but had it cancelled due to COVID. I'm now just waiting with crossed fingers for a medical and start date which I hope might be early next year, but imagine it could be quite a while with everything that's going on.

Its good to see that they are still advertising for drivers down here on the coast!
I applied for the Bournemouth vacancy in January and just waiting for a DMI date as I have passed all the tests and MMI for another FOC. Nice to see somebody else on here from my neck of the woods!

TD1

Have you had any further update djwent? I'm in the same boat for SWR, just waiting for a rebooked medical and start date since Feb/March!

djwent

I had an update fairly recently and I believe that courses are now full up until May, some more news will hopefully come in January for dates beyond that. The classes are still at half size but with the potential vaccines we are hoping for, this may be able to change slightly on some of the later courses.

It was also mentioned that I may have to do my DMI again due to length of time that has passed, it was just over a year ago now. I have to say though, whenever I have contacted the recruitment team they have been so helpful and its obviously been a nightmare for them this year with the COVID situation.

I am still hopeful that I might get something next year...but maybe not as confident as I previously was, all we can do is wait and see and keep fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.