• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Derailment at Andover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Monty

Established Member

fgwrich

Established Member
The derailment was caused by some possible faulty trackwork which lead to the leading bogie of 73201 and some of the bogies of the test train coaches becomming derailed and blocking the mainline. If anyones interested, the test train was formed of 73107 & 201 and was working up from the Luggershall branch.

Thats the info i've been given.

scotsman

Established Member
If it weren't for the staff-bashing antics of a few members, I know for a fact that you'd probably be getting a pretty good insight into what happened

KA4C

The derailment was caused by some possible faulty trackwork which lead to the leading bogie of 73201 and some of the bogies of the test train coaches becomming derailed and blocking the mainline. If anyones interested, the test train was formed of 73107 & 201 and was working up from the Luggershall branch.

Thats the info i've been given.

Derailment on GF controlled pointwork in Andover yard which caused two bogies of test train vehicles to derail which then led to one bogie of 73201 to derail after it has passed over the points normally. Mainline was only blocked for a while as train was not fully in clear when the incident occured

willc789

Went past on a waterloo bound service, 73201 looked in a sorry state with the rear bogie off the rails. Any idea when it'll be recovered?

KA4C

Went past on a waterloo bound service, 73201 looked in a sorry state with the rear bogie off the rails. Any idea when it'll be recovered?

Today sometime and will then go to WMA for repairs.

KA4C

If it weren't for the staff-bashing antics of a few members, I know for a fact that you'd probably be getting a pretty good insight into what happened

I'd say a very good insight, from someone who knows exactly what happened

Lrd

Established Member
The amazing power of twitter!

Status
Not open for further replies.