• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Derailment at Edinburgh Waverley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1D53

Established Member
Derailed train at Edinburgh Waverley

Time Reported: 22:47
Route Affected: All routes via Edinburgh Waverley
TOC/s Affected: First ScotRail, GNER, Virgin Trains
Description: Services via Edinburgh Waverley are being disrupted due to a derailed train.

Trains are subject to delay and cancellation. Services between Edinburgh and Glasgow will start and terminate at Haymarket.

The derailed train was not carrying any passengers at the time and there have not been any reports of any injuries.

It is not known how long this disruption will last.
Updates: 23:14 Passengers for the 23:40 Edinburgh to London Euston sleeper service will need to catch a special bus service to Carstairs where they will be able to join the train there.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The train in question was the empty Lowland sleeper stock from Polmodie coming in to form the Euston sleeper

westcoaster

Established Member
in pic 100_7043 the hst is in midland mailnline colours did not think it went that far north on vxc replacment, if it did what diagram is it on, nice pics.

adambro

in pic 100_7043 the hst is in midland mailnline colours did not think it went that far north on vxc replacment, if it did what diagram is it on, nice pics.

I think that was probably the 1405 Virgin from Edinburgh to Birmingham.

Note: The EXIF times from the camera are one hour late due to me not having changed the time over from BST.

Edit: EXIF times are still wrong but I've corrected the 'Taken on' times.

Guinness

Established Member
Thought GNER had a couple of MML powercars while the GNER powercars were been MTUed refurbishment was happening?

1D53

Established Member
One off the rails overnight at Craigentinny too.

Status
Not open for further replies.