• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Derby 4 Shed WW1 memorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astro

Hope someone can help. My grandfather was a driver/fireman for Midland Railways at the time of World War 1. I believe that Derby 4 Shed (the traincrew shed at Derby) has a memorial that lists those train crews that fought. I would appreciate if someone could post a photograph of this memorial so that I may add it to the family history that I am researching. My Grandfather (Stait) survived the war but died following a boiler blowback in the 1930's.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RichmondCommu

Established Member
The original Derby 4 Shed building was demolished some years a go and a new building was constructed on the same site. Let's hope that the memorial has not been moved elsewhere.

Astro

Thanks for your reply. Speaking to a retired driver from 4 Shed he thinks it is in the new Shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.