• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Derby-Birkenhead - valid at Manchester Victoria?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skymonster

Established Member
I’m planning to travel from Derby to Birkenhead North on Saturday, returning on Sunday. The SVR is valid via Manchester, where I intend to break and take a side trip to Stalybridge (separate ticket, CDR Manchester-Stalybridge) to partake in a couple of adult beverages before continuing on to compete my outward journey the same day (Saturday).

So on the way I can get off at Piccadilly and then take TPE/Northern round to Stalybridge via Victoria, that’s fine. On the way back from Stalybridge though, do I need to come back round to Manchester Piccadilly or Oxford Road to get a train towards Liverpool (e.g. NOR / EMR), or can I just swap onto TPE at Manchester Victoria for Liverpool direct - i.e. is the Derby-Birkenhead ticket valid at Victoria for travel west?

I’m kind of assuming it’s OK because Victoria is in the same group as the other Manchester stations, but NRE won’t offer me an itinerary via Victoria.

Thanks in anticipation...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gray1404

Established Member
To answer your question,you can get onto the Manchester Victoria to Liverpool Lime Street service and there is no requirement for you to go via Manchester Piccadilly or Manchester Oxford Road.

Status
Not open for further replies.