• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Derby station's Christmas "house band"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kettledrum

On a couple of mornings and evenings this week, Derby station has hosted a very talented brass quartet playing Christmas carols to entertain the staff and the public.

The band includes my daughter who is raising money to support a social action project in South Africa run by Project Trust. My daughter will spend a gap year working with them before she goes on to medical school.

The station staff (and East Midlands Trains) have been fantastic in supporting my daughter raise money for this (and other charities in the past), and I wanted to publically say a huge "THANK YOU"

I understand from lots of feedback that the station staff have really enjoyed hosting and supporting the live band, and have supplied them with East Midlands Trains Santa Hats and reindeer antlers.

Passengers have also been fantastic with their generous donations.

There is one last chance to see the band at the station this afternoon between 3 and 6. They are also selling home made cakes.

If you're interested, my daughter's online fundraising page is at:

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fun...ilePage.action?userUrl=victoriaforsouthafrica

Status
Not open for further replies.