• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Derby to Sheffield to Mansfield to Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.

button_boxer

Established Member
I need to make this circular journey tomorrow, leaving Derby after 9am to go to Sheffield, then leave Sheffield around 6 to go to Mansfield for a brief stop off and then back to Derby. A Derby to Worksop day return appears to be valid both via Sheffield and via Nottingham but costs 18 quid odd compared to 10-11 for Derby to either Mansfield or Sheffield return. Are there any other tickets I could get to do the same trip for less?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
For the same price as Derby - Sheffield, you can purchase

Long Eaton - Kiveton Park
Route Any Permitted
Off-Peak Day Return

or

Spondon - Kiveton Park
Route Any Permitted
Off-Peak Day Return

which are both valid via either
  • Derby and Sheffield,
    or
  • Worksop and Nottingham (as it is the shortest route).

I believe that all trains between Sheffield and Worksop stop at Kiveton Bridge, where you switch from the outbound portion to the return portion.

You will however need an additional single ticket back to Derby from either Long Eaton (£3.90) or Spondon (£2.50) respectively for the very last part of your journey. Obviously Long Eaton has the advantage over Spondon due to a more frequent service.

Status
Not open for further replies.