• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Derby to Stafford

Status
Not open for further replies.

WCML

Is Derby to Stafford via Birmingham New Street a permitted route on an off peak single late at night when the EMT services to Stoke have stopped?

Derby>Tamworth>Stafford appears to be a permitted route from a ticket search and Tamworth>New Street>Stafford appears to be a permitted route too, so would Derby > BHM > Stafford be allowed after the services from TAM and SOT have finished?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GadgetMan

According to National Rail enquiries you need more than one ticket for that journey (via Birmingham). So no it is not a permitted route.

calc7

Established Member
My advice would be to split at Burton or Tamworth (whichever the train calls at).

SS4

Established Member
It's only valid via Stoke on Trent (map EM). Burton or Tamworth would be a good split

WCML

Thanks for the help.

Basically, I need to get from Sheffield to Stafford tonight and I wasn't organised enough to buy advance tickets yesterday and was trying to find a cheaper alternative than going via Stockport. I guess if I make it to the station in time then I'll go via Derby and have a lovely trip (ahem) on a 153 to Stoke.:roll: Was much better in the Central days when they had 170s on that route.

Failing that I'll just have to stump up the extra cash and have a slightly more pleasant journey via Stockport.

Wyvern

Established Member
EMTs dogboxes aren't too bad (most of them) Slow journey though?

Status
Not open for further replies.