• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Derbyshire Wayfarer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmogle

Established Member
As I now have to pay for travel for about a week or so I'm determined to get it for as cheap as possible...
So I was thinking about a Derbyshire Wayfarer...
I have to get a bus from Buxton to Derby and then a train from Derby to Leicester. Would a Wayfarer cover this? I know Leicester isn't in Derbyshire, but I heard one of my bus drivers saying that it's okay if one end of the journey is in the county...
Midland Mainline tend to be more strict about things like that though, would they let me to Leicester with it? If not, are there any other cheap alternatives?

I need to know soon cause I'm off down there at 6am tomorrow

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Guinness

Established Member
The train sadly isn't vaild to Leicester.

Validity on Train Services
Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets can be used between any of the stations on the following rail lines at any time on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays, and after 9am on Mondays to Fridays:
  • Buxton - Chapel-en-le-Frith - New Mills (Newtown)
  • Sheffield - Hathersage - Hope - Edale - Chinley - New Mills (Central)
  • Sheffield - Chesterfield - Alfreton - Langley Mill
  • Sheffield - Chesterfield - Derby
  • Derby - Belper - Ambergate - Cromford - Matlock
  • Derby - Long Eaton
  • Derby - Tutbury & Hatton - Uttoxeter
  • Derby - Willington - Burton-on-Trent
  • Shirebrook - Whitwell
These tickets can be used on the above lines on trains operated by Central Trains, Midland Mainline, Northern, TransPennine Express and Virgin Trains.

From the Derbyshire County Website.

Gizmogle

Established Member
Ahaha, that'd be great thanks :grin:
Need to know quite soon though.
Also, I would bloody love one of the hats that the male MML guys wear! Can you steal your friend's for me? :p

Gizmogle

Established Member
OMG! Really? Can you get me one? Please Please Please!!!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.