• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Desiro Written off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris

Great pictures there. Very surprised that they didn't put a taurpaulin over.

What facilities do they have at Crewe now? I was told it was off to Deutschland.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kris

Probobably too loud for the local residents plus they needed peoples' cars out of the way.

Hentis

What facilities do they have at Crewe now? I was told it was off to Deutschland.

Ian the Allelys Driver said he was taking it to Crewe . A Siemens bloke at the loading event was asked and confirmed it was going to Crewe for assesment.
The guy I know at Bournemouth has said the same thing about it going Germany, but it was seen going up the A34 @ Abingdon & my brother confirmed seeing it at Warwick services on the M40 around 17:00 hours on Tuesday. I expect its going for assesment and then a decision will be made there as to if it goes to Germany. Are the cabs Modular at all?

Cheers

Hentis

WessexWarrior

Excellent photos. The first one reminds me of why I think the 444's still look like rejects from a CAD/CAM software package ;)

On a more random Bomo-related note: does anyone know what's happening to the Gordon Petitt CIG?

Hentis

Excellent photos. The first one reminds me of why I think the 444's still look like rejects from a CAD/CAM software package ;)

On a more random Bomo-related note: does anyone know what's happening to the Gordon Petitt CIG?

Word has it its going to Swanage for the Beer fest!!! But not sure else really apart from I have heard the NRM.

Cheers

Hentis

Kris

Are the cabs Modular at all?
Hentis

Disastros were designed to be 'modular' but because our lot had to be awkward and have the 'Milk Float' cheap as chips version with the gangway connection - they're not.

By the look of the creases on the side by the cab it's a major rebuild whereas with a porker you could have just stuck a new snout on with a bit of superglue. :lol:

Established Member
Word has it its going to Swanage for the Beer fest!!! But not sure else really apart from I have heard the NRM.

Cheers

Hentis

Ive heard its going to Swanage for the beer fest, and that its definatly not going to the NRM as they have no where for it!

Nathan

Word has it its going to Swanage for the Beer fest!!!

So far listed (subject to availability):

LSWR 0-4-4T No. 30053
BR 2-6-4T No. 80078 or 80104
BR Class 20 No. D8188
BR Class 33 No. D6515
BR Class 33 No. 33 108
BR Class 52 No. D1015
BR Class 56 No. 56 098

But yes I've heard too that Gordon Petit will be visiting with a 73 to haul it!

Hentis

From UKMODERN EMU group,

Looks like Crewe is farming out its jobs, reported on ScotRail gen that a car from 444042 has arrived at Kilmarnock today (June 27th). Doubtless 63842.

Simon

------------------------
Cheers

Hentis

Crompton Karl

Not nice, Dad hit a cow once in a 50 on the way to exeter, they just reveresed a bit and put the cow down the embankment and carried on to exeter adn washed the loco off there, the joys of BR!

My dad hit a cow once while driving a EPB across Hoo marshes. It derailed the front bogie and the cow (still alive and mooing) was caught under the lead coach. Made a mess of the front of his cab and the farmer had to come over and shoot the cow. Not nice.

Karl :)

T

Tom

Another 444 hit a tree at Woodfidley which is between Brockenhurst and Ashurst New Forest yesterday - damage wasn't too bad and only delays of 30 minutes were caused. Unit was taken OOU at Southampton Central.

Nathan

Another 444 hit a tree at Woodfidley which is between Brockenhurst and Ashurst New Forest yesterday - damage wasn't too bad and only delays of 30 minutes were caused. Unit was taken OOU at Southampton Central.

I dont think this is related to you being on work experiance ;) what unit! tell me the unit!

TheSlash

Established Member
Quite a few trains hitting tree's yesterday, Eastleigh pway had to goto Marchwood to assist a 66 with a tree stuck under it.
Woodfidley is a great location for watching trains, sadly not as good as when we had proper trains though. I went down there when 442's still ran. You can hear them coming long before you see them.

Hentis

It might have been 444002 as that was seen going around with the offside cab , where the destination matrix is housed all having Yellow & black tape over it....

Hmmm when are elastoplast going to make plasters with yellow and black lines diagonally across the plaster!!!

Hentis

TheSlash

Established Member
TheSlash, is in possession of information regarding the repairs to 444042, but TheSlash will not be revealing that information, on a third rate talking shop, until the demands of TheSlash are met. 8-)

raymondsrail

:( speechless...

ha ha ha, i hate desiros and i personaly think they should all be at eastleigh in the same place as the 442s, and the 442s should be brought back into service!!!!!!:x:x::x or even better, take them to boothes scrapyard:razz:
no effence to desiro lovers though ''nathan'' LOL:razz::razz:

raymondsrail

Hentis

ha ha ha, i hate desiros and i personaly think they should all be at eastleigh in the same place as the 442s, and the 442s should be brought back into service!!!!!!:x:x::x or even better, take them to boothes scrapyard:razz:

raymondsrail

Aint going to happen I'm afraid.

Hentis

thefab444

Established Member

raymondsrail

Why? You do realise we would have SERIOUS overcrowding and train caping problems, and such a move would drive SWT into the ground? Fares would have to be up 10,000% to cover for most trains being caped. Either that or a lot of 2-car 158s would need to be called in to cover on on-peak Windsor line services!

John

T

Tom

444 040 which was the crash unit a few days ago I believe was back in service on Monday morning on this diagram:
Code:
BOURNEMOUTH T&R.S.M.D              05+20  5B89
POOLE                       05+29  05.45  1B90
LONDON WATERLOO             07.44  08.00  1P17
PORTSMOUTH HARBOUR          09.40  10.14  2P34
LONDON WATERLOO             12.14  12.30  1P35
PORTSMOUTH HARBOUR          14.10  14.43  1P50
LONDON WATERLOO             16.23  16.45  2P51
HAVANT                      18.29  18.40  2P66
LONDON WATERLOO             20.14  20.30  1P67
PORTSMOUTH HARBOUR          22.07  22.35  2P84
HAVANT                      22.55  22+56  5P85
FRATTON C.S.D.              23+38

Why on earth did SWT retire the 442s anyway? I mean when the Desiro 444s break down (Teething troubles, trouble with trees or anything else), they may be needed for stock replacement. And on top of that, they're only twenty years old! I was hoping to see some when I might be going to Clapham Junction for some trainspotting this summer.
Although I like the 444s and 450s, I must say that the SWML is quite plain now without the Wessex Electrics.

Harry

T

Tom

Because quite simply SWT are cheapskates.

Next year they'll be on Southern...

paul1609

Established Member
Because quite simply SWT are cheapskates.

Next year they'll be on Southern...

Bloody Hell. A TC post critical of SWT?
Very nice the 442s will look in their "express" livery too.
Ill treat you to a daysave when they start!

Status
Not open for further replies.