• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Desktop thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bittern

Established Member
nfjfib.jpg

390 022 "Penny the Pendolino" sitting at Warrington Railway Station.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Death

Established Member
http://i39.tinypic.com/nfjfib.jpg
390 022 "Penny the Pendolino" sitting at Warrington Railway Station.
May I ask ye when (I.E: Date and time) that photo was taken? I had 390022 when I last went up to Blackpool, and - Looking at the sunlight and everything else there - It looks like ye might've actually photted the service that I was using! :shock:8)

RPM Elite suddenly becomes concerned that he might've had a "near Death" experience at Warrington! :roll::lol:<D

hellfire background i got 37670 on mine Corrected image link
Hmm...I think that I can just about make out a 37 there, but I'm not too sure with all of those icons in the way! I'd prescribe a bit of a tidy-up if I were thy PC doctor! ;)
(And personally, I don't want to know what ye keep in that "Urine" folder of yours, either! :shock::lol:)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anyhow...Here's my desktop as it currently stands. I don't change the wallpaper that often, so it might be the same as the last time I posted it. :)

Death's desktop as of 14th May 2009CE. (Click for full size 266kb, 1280x1024 image)

Farewell... <D
>> Death <<

Last edited:

Bittern

Established Member
I don't know when it was taken, sorry. I found the image on a google search. I've never even been in Warrington. lol It's been years since I've been out of Scotland.

Death

Established Member
Already got a new one:

My car on the right, my friend's on the left. The aerial on his is 9' :p
:o wouldent like to go far with that, looks the same height as those wires just behind it:lol:
I was just going to say! Unless he's designed it specifically for high-speed 25Kv electrothrash, I wouldn't want to try driving that over any of the level crossings on the ECML! :shock::lol:<D

By the by: Looking at many people's desktops, is it me or am I one of the very few who hasn't been infected by the iTunes virus yet? :shock::roll::?

I don't know when it was taken, sorry. I found the image on a google search. I've never even been in Warrington. lol It's been years since I've been out of Scotland.
I just repeated thy Google search and I think I've found the Original page that it came from. Looks to me like it was taken on the 3rd June 2003CE...Although everything in that photo is spookily identical to when I was there on both the 17th April and the 6th May this year! :shock:

So I suppose it's true then...The sun does always shine in the North! <D

Last edited:

16CSVT2700

Established Member
My far superior desktop background:
desktop.jpg

Come tomorrow, I will be an owner of an airsoft replica :D

Bittern

Established Member
Just switched to this.

shinkenpinkdesktop.jpg

ShinkenPink! Strange, I don't even watch Shinkenger...

For the benefit of 90019...
This is my desktop

It's a better livery that the Wright bodied Volvo, AND it's a much nicer design. I assume that the 23 goes close to your house, as the 4 goes close to mine (along with the 18 and 27. The 5 and 16 aren't too far away). Do you know WHERE the current Lothian livery came from?

Attachments

• LRT 894 in London Rd.jpg
    LRT 894 in London Rd.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Established Member
I assume that the 23 goes close to your house, as the 4 goes close to mine (along with the 18 and 27. The 5 and 16 aren't too far away). Do you know WHERE the current Lothian livery came from?

The last stop on the 23 is just around the corner from me, and about 5 minues the other way is the 8, just before it turns into Pilton. And just below where I am, I can get the 16, mind you, it's a rather steep hill down just by my house.

I haven't a clue where the more recent livery came from, but I think the Geminis wear it better than the older one, I think the old madder and white livery wouldn't sit very well on them because of the curves. Although I think it could have been modified to fit them better.
I'm kinda torn between the two, because I did really like older livery, but I think the new one does suit the newer buses.
Mind you, I wish they'd make up their mind on it; the stripes along the bottom keeps changing colour from one lot of buses to the next. The 36 is now urban eclipses, but they've got a big red stripe below with a little lime green one above :lol:

I haven't a clue where the more recent livery came from...

It came about after the former boss of Lothian Buses (Neil Renilson) got turned on by a photo of Liz Hurley. Apparently, she turned up for some function or other "dressed" (and I use that word in its loosest possible sense) in something consisting of red and gold diamonds - they may have been metal plates. He admitted to having a photo of Liz on his desk at Annandale Street while he was in charge (he retired a few months ago). Versace (the designer of the 'dress') got to hear about this, and threatened legal action - I wish he had!
In short, the current livery came about after some localised spontaneous Rigor Mortis in Renilson's trousers!!!
The 'new' livery looks cheap and gimmicky. The Madder and White was stylish, and could be applied to front and rear engined buses (a bit before your time). I think it would have worked on the Alexander, Plaxton and Wright bodies. I reckon the last batch of Madder buses will vanish by this time next year.

A bit dull, but until I get a better one...

desktop%20bg.jpg

40145 at York yesterday returning to Holyhead.

Established Member
I think it would have worked on the Alexander, Plaxton and Wright bodies. I reckon the last batch of Madder buses will vanish by this time next year.

The Royales have already gone from normal service afaik, as of the weekend just past.

I do think the madder and white would've worked on the Tridents, Darts and so on, but i dont think it would sit well on the Eclipses, especially on the fronts of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.