• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Desktops!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

Let's see your desktop's... mine is a photo I nicked from someone's space on this forum (I think it was Railways Online :P).

Oh well, it was put to good use!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave A

There you go :D . The wallpaper is my office :P, no its actually the control center from the great BBC MI5 drama series Spooks

I use the old Windows theme as I don't like the XP one, plus my PC slows down when running image or email software!

Coxster

Established Member
How can you XP'ers stand the blue scheme? It's too 'in yer face' for me, hence why I use the subtle-silver :P

Tom B

Established Member
Which one do you want? I have *counts* 11 desktops: 1 on the main machine, 1 on the laptop, 1 on the tired old desktop and 8 on the Linux machine (though I don't use them all).

tramboy

Click here

My desktop. I have a vague feeling the photo is one of Jon Bradley's, and it is most excellent!

Cheers

Dave

Simming

CLICK

Heres mine, I go for the favorite band wallpaper, rather than the favorite train. although on the other computer I have the interier of Truro Signal box as my background.

Tom B

Established Member
No doubt some M$ overbloated bit of software...

Z12XE

Its some version of XP thats been tampered with to act like a stereo system or such watch one of the pointless shopping channel's Technology hours and they will promote the thing af is its the best thing ever..
Bloated, pointless and just another step to MS Big Brother IMO

Here's Mine, Ksimple and Keffective. :P

Gareth Hale

trainlover123 said:
Ya Wha? :?

Windows XP has quite alot of operating systems, currently, you can buy
Windows XP Home SP2, Professional SP2, Embedded Edition, X-64 Edition and Media Center 2005. Yours looks like its Windows XP Media Center, (just by looking at the task bar)

Z12XE

Thats the Royle Theme, you can install/use than on Windows XP normal

Guinness

Established Member
Mr Chaz's Desktop!

Lufthansa A321 in Old Style Colours for '50s style Air show in Germany.

Usually its bigger but resized it etc. for the use of our favourite internet users - Dial Up! :P

Z12XE

Gareth Hale said:
oh? Where can you get it from?

Here

It is scanned and Virus free, but you should always check before installing as the owner of that domain takes no responsibility for any problems.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Heres mine.... http://www.habtips.com/httv/desktop.JPG
clean and fresh - I have a thing for my desktop, if its untidy it does my head in, hence why I hate using my brothers pc - I hate clutter! I also have a tendancy to give all of my computers names related to the sea - don't ask why! Anyway thats my laptop, my PC is very similiar, same wallpaper but has controls at the bottom for things like turning off the pc etc.

T

Tom

Gareth - no, it is probably Linux with a downgraded version of Windoze CS.

jd

Craig - I believe that's the same touring wheel which has now taken up permanant residence in Birmingham?

My desktop rotates different pictures - London skylines, Tube, NR, Scenic views of Welsh mountain regions, pics of family....

Tom B

Established Member
156418 said:
Its some version of XP thats been tampered with to act like a stereo system or such watch one of the pointless shopping channel's Technology hours and they will promote the thing af is its the best thing ever..
Bloated, pointless and just another step to MS Big Brother IMO

Here's Mine, Ksimple and Keffective. :P

*applauds 156418 for his sensibility and itches at the Debian install media whilst looking at the box presently used for BVE et al*

Status
Not open for further replies.