• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Destination screens: Anybody do better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
A Voyager at Paddington (credit to RPM) saying "Off to bed now!":

attachment.php

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Any chance of text alternatives being provided, for people who are visually impaired please? Thanks :)

Established Member
From our friends down under.....

Attachments

• 28-this-train-f.jpg
    28-this-train-f.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 672

Established Member
No photo, I'm afraid, but one December in the early 1990s a class 165 at Marylebone was showing "Merry Christmas", and on the screens in each coach there was, instead of the usual list of stations to be called at, a long message wishing all passengers the compliments of the season. Unfortunately the system appeared to have run out of capacity, because the message broke off suddenly before it had had time to complete its good wishes for a happy new year.

Robinson

Also no photo, but I did mention it a while back on this forum: A SWT 444 at Woking was showing "New Delhi" as I passed through once...

Not the clearest of pictures but this was posted a while back on a friends Facebook page.

A XC voyager at Southampton with a service to Vladivostok via the Gobi Desert

385484_10151060144080232_489499102_n.jpg

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I've posted this before last year, but it certainly fits this thread!:D

Attachments

• Picture 15550.jpg
    Picture 15550.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 630

scotsman

Established Member
Where's the (in)famous LM 350 one saying "Dave's Party Wagon?"

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
I thought "Good Morning" on the front was a nice polite way to start a journey on a Voyager, even if it meant the rest of the PIS was down!

RPM

Established Member
A Voyager at Paddington (not my photo) saying "Off to bed now!":

attachment.php

Wow! That was one of the photos I lost when Fotopic went belly up. Not that it is a particularly good picture but I put it online because of its interest value. I'm glad somebody saved a copy of it. I lost the original after a hard disc failure. I shall tidy it up and put it on my Flickr pages now.:D

Pyromaniac

I saw a 360 pass through Shenfield station once station "No Sides on 321" or something the that effect. Obviously wrong information system had been loaded onto that train but still surprised to see something typed into that Side Displays field on whatever program creates the displays.

tsr

Established Member
I'm always amused when the trains which divide to go to Brighton and Brighton via Preston Park (there is a slower and a faster portion on a handful of services) end up advertising themselves as "Brighton and Brighton" services - the cab-end displays don't display anything to clarify this, so non-regulars do get confused! They should say "Brighton and Preston Park".

shedman

I was thinking them transpennine ones that had stuff like Hong Kong etc

Established Member
there is currently a swt 158 running with blackpool pleasure beach on one end and displayin mystery destination on the other :) brightened my day anyway :)

scotsman

Established Member
I've seen a 158 in Haymarket depot with "Manchest United Football Ground" on

12CSVT

Established Member
The 158 at the Mid Norfolk today was displaying 'Inverness via Stirling'.

LE Greys

Established Member
The 158 at the Mid Norfolk today was displaying 'Inverness via Stirling'.

Preserved lines do that all the time. I've seen a 101 on the NNR that was going to 'Carlisle', 'Harwich' and 'Llandudno Jcn' before. Mind you, I've seen pictures of 319s showing 'Dunstable' for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.