• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Detailed map of Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex397

Established Member
At my workplace is a highly detailed map of Europe. It shows all EU countries (with non-EU countries also shown, but in grey). Every country is named in its native language, rather than all in English, and shows the name of every province/administrative area and the main cities of those areas, with main roads and railways too. I have never seen a map anywhere else with this detail.
It is produced by Lovell Johns and it says it is available on bookshop.europa (the Publications Office of the European Union) - however they no longer have it on their website, and I haven't been able to see it anywhere else online. I've also looked on Amazon, eBay, and also looked in the Stanfords shop in London. Nobody at my workplace knows anything about it, as the person who brought it in no longer works there.
I'd very much like my own copy of a map like this, but i've yet to find anything. I have noticed that OpenStreetMap, at the right zoom level, shows the countries in their native languages and the names of the administrative areas, so that is good, but i'd much rather have something to put on my wall.

I have been looking for this map for years, or a similar map, so I thought i'd see if anyone on here might know where to find a map like this, or to point me in the right direction. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
At my workplace is a highly detailed map of Europe. It shows all EU countries (with non-EU countries also shown, but in grey). Every country is named in its native language, rather than all in English, and shows the name of every province/administrative area and the main cities of those areas, with main roads and railways too. I have never seen a map anywhere else with this detail.
It is produced by Lovell Johns and it says it is available on bookshop.europa (the Publications Office of the European Union) - however they no longer have it on their website, and I haven't been able to see it anywhere else online. I've also looked on Amazon, eBay, and also looked in the Stanfords shop in London. Nobody at my workplace knows anything about it, as the person who brought it in no longer works there.
I'd very much like my own copy of a map like this, but i've yet to find anything. I have noticed that OpenStreetMap, at the right zoom level, shows the countries in their native languages and the names of the administrative areas, so that is good, but i'd much rather have something to put on my wall.

I have been looking for this map for years, or a similar map, so I thought i'd see if anyone on here might know where to find a map like this, or to point me in the right direction. Any ideas? Thanks.

Their website says they make bespoke maps tailored to their clients requirements, so perhaps it's not a general release but a one-off?

Perhaps they did make copies for the EU publications office but these have all sold hence them no longer being available.

Status
Not open for further replies.