Details are to hand of two forthcoming 30-minute programmes of interest on BBC TV Wal

Discussion in 'Infrastructure & Stations' started by merlodlliw, 22 Nov 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. merlodlliw

merlodlliw Established Member

Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
    Beating Beeching at Llangollen in this weeks http://www.nwrail.org.uk/nwnews.htm

Note, Charlie Hume only mentions Sky, but this programme will be available on Freesat and other free to air transmissions from Astra 28.2.

For freesat viewers outside Wales just put in any Welsh postcode. Free to Air is always available on 28.2 (I use this system)

Bob

Last edited: 22 Nov 2011
  2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Chris125

Chris125 Established Member

Surprise Charlie didnt mention that they are the last two of a four program series - the first two are about the Welsh Highland Railway, the first of which has just been shown. Should be on the iPlayer any minute now.

Chris

4. Greenback

Greenback Emeritus Moderator

I hope so, Mrs G just noticed it had been on (I think she caught the end titles) and was almost as annoyed as me about missing it!

Strange really as she thought the WHR was too long when we went on it!

5. merlodlliw

This as been kept quiet, if Charlie had known or been told he would have told us about it,also the BBC seem not to have trailed it, I like you chaps only found out when SWMBO changed channels from Eastbenders, otherwise I would have recorded it.

Bob

6. Squaddie

Squaddie Established Member

You don't even need to do that; BBC 2 Wales is available everywhere on Freesat channel 971.

7. merlodlliw

I appreciate that, like you, but many don't,any welsh postcode on freesat will show BBC 2 Wales as 102. If its FTA its 10788 V 22000 on 28.2.

But thanks for the assistance.

Bob

8. snail

snail Established Member

For anyone searching on iPlayer, the series is called "Welsh Railways - Full Steam Ahead" - no wonder I couldn't find it under 'B' for Beeching!

Link to Part 1

9. Squaddie

Squaddie Established Member

I think that pressing 9-7-1 may be a little easier than resetting your Freesat box with a Welsh postcode or manually tuning to "10788 V 2200 on 28.2" (whatever that means) :D

But seriously, I hoped that suggesting 971 would encourage more people to take a look at this series.

10. merlodlliw

Agree, I use a FTA motorised system,(another hobby) thus tune in channels manually all over Europe & beyond , this link gives an idea of the Satellite cluster at
    28.2 east which supply the UK http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html
    I am also able to watch many Rail programmes all over Europe free. I bought the kit at Lidl 7 years ago for £20 & the dish mover at Maplin.

Bob

11. PaulLothian

PaulLothian Member

Now on Virgin See-again - enjoyed the first programme last night.

12. emoaconr

emoaconr Member

Or indeed, anybody who is actually living IN Wales and is unable to recieve Welsh TV ;)

[Though I am firmly opposed to the political nature of the Welsh TV region, which is completely irrelevent to people living in North East Wales where we are firmly in Granadaland, though that is another story of which I could write many an essay on... :roll: ]

13. merlodlliw

Indeed,less than 10% of households in Wrexham County are able to receive Welsh TV by terrestrial freeview , the county is blind to the Moel Y Parc transmitter, I agree with your comments fully.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.