• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Devon & Cornwall Rover + Anytime Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
I have a Freedom of Devon & Cornwall 3 days in 7 ticket, plus the return portion of an Anytime Return from Dawlish to Hereford, route ‘any permitted’.

Does my train from Cornwall (Truro) have to call at Dawlish to validate changing from the Rover to the Anytime Return half?

It’s for the coming Sunday so services are less frequent than weekdays, and I am trying to work out a journey that is the quickest, without having to start too early.

The Rover is presumably valid as far as Exeter, so I could probably get away with it, especially if there’s a crew change!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member
You're fine on non-stop trains. Condition 14.2 of the NRCoT covers you as in this case, the Devon and Cornwall is classed as an area-based zonal product for the purpose of a split:

If you are using a Season Ticket, daily Zonal Ticket, or another area based Ticket such as a concessionary pass, ranger or rover in conjunction with another Ticket and the last station at which one Ticket is valid and the first station that the other Ticket is valid are the same, then the train does not need to call at that station for your combination to be valid.

Haywain

Veteran Member
You're fine on non-stop trains. Condition 14.2 of the NRCoT covers you as in this case, the Devon and Cornwall is classed as an area-based zonal product for the purpose of a split:
Actually, it’s classed as a season ticket for such purposes.

trainophile

Established Member
Devon & Cornwall rail rover is valid to Tiverton Parkway.

Thanks, that’s useful to know for future occasions.

I am challenging myself to actually save money with this ticket over the cost of separate tickets, and tbh it’s not that easy unless you want to spend 12 hours a day on trains, which rather defeats the object of being in a beautiful part of the country.

If I had pre-planned my itinerary and included Advance tickets I don’t think I would have been worse off. But it is nice to go places on the spur of the moment, which I suppose is the whole point.

Status
Not open for further replies.