• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Devon Day Ranger - Consecutive Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Hi all,

Odd one. Can anyone explain why there is the difference below; see attachment.

Consecutive days, same operator for purchasing. Ok, one was from the Ticket Office and the other the Gate Line (as there was no ticket office at the Origin station). However surely they should be the same right?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4277.jpg
    IMG_4277.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 96
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clip

Established Member
Two different prices too which may explain it along with the first ticket being issued from a station and the second one with an avantix machine. so in essence two different products

Clip

Established Member
plus the first one has a railcard discount and the second doesnt

MichaelAMW

Hi all,

Odd one. Can anyone explain why there is the difference below; see attachment.

Consecutive days, same operator for purchasing. Ok, one was from the Ticket Office and the other the Gate Line (as there was no ticket office at the Origin station). However surely they should be the same right?

Thanks

There are several types of ticket machines and printers, particularly if you compare ticket offices, on-train or barrier staff, and self-service machines. All you have there is a couple of examples of the different formats used. Both tickets have all the relevant information on them.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
'LOCRC' stands for local railcard, but I don't think that has affected the price.

The price appears to have gone up (£10 undiscounted / £6.65 discounted up to £12 undiscounted / £7.90 discounted) although I am unsure when this occured. The first machine has charged the old price.

Andy

Two different prices too which may explain it along with the first ticket being issued from a station and the second one with an avantix machine. so in essence two different products

Yes that was what I was referring to. The style I know is because it's from different machines.

plus the first one has a railcard discount and the second doesnt

Both have railcard discounts.

There are several types of ticket machines and printers, particularly if you compare ticket offices, on-train or barrier staff, and self-service machines. All you have there is a couple of examples of the different formats used. Both tickets have all the relevant information on them.

I'm don't care about the style. It's the £1.20 difference in price!!!

louis97

Established Member
'LOCRC' stands for local railcard, but I don't think that has affected the price.

The price appears to have gone up (£10 undiscounted / £6.65 discounted up to £12 undiscounted / £7.90 discounted) although I am unsure when this occured. The first machine has charged the old price.

It used to be £6.60 discounted before, so not sure where £6.65 has come from!

Interestingly it seems the fare on the Rovers/Rangers section has been updated but the A to B fare has not. See here: http://www.brfares.com/#!fares?orig=TVP&dest=I857&rlc=YNG

Status
Not open for further replies.