• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Devon Day Ranger on Cornish sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmersears

Established Member
In a couple of Friday's time I'm off to chase down my last few GWR DMUs utilising a Devon Day Ranger, before getting the sleeper from Exeter St Davids to Paddington.

My question is, if I end up finishing my hunt early and want to grab the sleeper from Plymouth instead, can I do so using the Ranger between there and Exeter? And if so do I need to get another reservation?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deafdoggie

Established Member
That should be fine, as it’s a Saturday morning so no time restriction. You don’t NEED a reservation, but they’re free anyway so no harm in getting one.

Established Member
In a couple of Friday's time I'm off to chase down my last few GWR DMUs utilising a Devon Day Ranger, before getting the sleeper from Exeter St Davids to Paddington.

My question is, if I end up finishing my hunt early and want to grab the sleeper from Plymouth instead, can I do so using the Ranger between there and Exeter? And if so do I need to get another reservation?

Yes you can use The Devon Ranger ticket between Plymouth and Exeter on the UP Night Riviera Sleeper. No you do not need a reservation nor is there any real point.

That should be fine, as it’s a Saturday morning so no time restriction.
There are no restrictions on the UP Night Riviera on any day of the week with a Devon Ranger.

Sleepy

Established Member
All types of walk up tickets and rovers valid on Night Riveria in both seats and berths, including 1st class and PRV ( but no 1st accommodation provided)

CC 72100

Established Member
All types of walk up tickets and rovers valid on Night Riveria in both seats and berths, including 1st class and PRV ( but no 1st accommodation provided)

Although calling GWR Telesales - as per the RST document - will not result in the ticket being sold. Unfortunately even though they were able to tell me about the price (pretty much what I had expected to pay) they told me they couldn't retail the ticket anymore as they were 'no longer allowed' and told me that I'd have to go to the station to do so. Just a cautionary tale for anyone looking to book staff travel in (sleeper) accommodation.

Status
Not open for further replies.