• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dewsbury Manchester Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

john_walls1

Hi,

I want to get the 14:06 to Manchester Airport from Dewsbury. Trainline.com is charging £9.50 one way. I will be pushed for time and am not sure I'll make this service, will the ticket price go up between now and next Thursday?

Also, can I pay on the train?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Are you only going one way? Any railcards?

Established Member
If you'll be pushed for time then buy an advance for a later service, otherwise unfortunately you'll have to pay for an off-peak day single priced at £19.60 without a railcard.

In general, advance prices will go up when more are sold, so the £9.50 ticket is unlikely to get any cheaper or stay around for much longer.

gnolife

Established Member
Hi,

I want to get the 14:06 to Manchester Airport from Dewsbury. Trainline.com is charging £9.50 one way. I will be pushed for time and am not sure I'll make this service, will the ticket price go up between now and next Thursday?

Also, can I pay on the train?

Buying on board a TransPennine Express service means that you will not be entitled to any discounts, including off-peak fares, and any railcard discounts. For Dewsbury - Manchester Airport, this would be 21.10 single, or 26.50 return.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
On board the train they will likely charge £21.10 for the Anytime Day Single fare. The price of an Off Peak Day Single is £19.60 (this is only 10p cheaper than the return).

If you are travelling back another day, within one calendar month, then the Off Peak Return priced at £22.80 may interest you? This is valid on your chosen train, and any subsequent train if you do miss, as well as being valid to return at any time within one month.

The £9.50 fare you found is an Advance fare, which is non-refundable, subject to availability (can sell out at any time), and has no remaining value if you arrive late at the airport and your train has already departed.

Oscar

Fares Advisor
For future reference, avoid buying at the Trainline with its non-avoidable fees. Buy instead directly from First TransPennine Express (or East Coast / Red Spotted Hanky etc. - there are many alternatives to the Trainline). The website of the Train Operating Company you are using, First TransPennine Express, is even powered by the Trainline, so most differences are just superficial.

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
The £9.50 fare you found is an Advance fare, which is non-refundable, subject to availability (can sell out at any time), and has no remaining value if you arrive late at the airport and your train has already departed.
Just to clarify the Advance tickets for Airport use.

If travelling FROM Dewsbury (or anywhere else for that matter) TO Manchester Airport then with an Advanc ticket you MUST travel at the time specified and the ticket has no value after the departure time stated on the ticket.

When travelling FROM Manchester Airport TO Dewsbury then you must travel at the time stated on the ticket, unless your flight has been delayed and you miss your booked train, in which case you may travel up to 3 hours later, providing you get an authorisation slip from the ticket office prior to boarding. They will verify the flight arrival time and that sufficient time had been allowed in the first place etc. Contrary to popular opinion you MAY NOT return from the Airport earlier than the time on the ticket, unless the ticket has been Excessed in the correct manner prior to boarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.