• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dfft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theking

It depends if you're good a following written instructions.

I didn't count how many questions there were because you only get 15 minutes but there must have been about 20 odd I managed 11 all 100% correct and was on my 12th and got an enhanced score pass.

I found it the easiest of the tests but some people really struggled.

It's basically the practise material but more in depth with a few more steps to follow.

Nick_south01

Well done.

I passed my assessment with southeastern back in October. Applied to G.T.R and got a call on Monday to come and sit the dfft

theking

Well done.

I passed my assessment with southeastern back in October. Applied to G.T.R and got a call on Monday to come and sit the dfft

If you've passed all the other tests I'll doubt you'll have any problems with the dfft anymore questions let me know.

Good luck.

traintraining

similar to the practice material, slightly more options you need to look at but same principles apply

387star

On Moderation
From another thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjims
Hi ManUtd

What's a DFFT test?

Can you shed a bit of light on that?

Lets hope you did enough to get through.

Good luck
Hi jimjims,

A DFFT test is a Driver Fault Finding Test,it was of a fictional train company and your test paper showed panels which consisted of all sorts of info from a power box,batteries,solar panels,washers,wiper,windows etc.

You then had three other sets of booklets that had info on them relating to "your train" and the instruments mentioned above,I have added a pic of my practice paper but it has come through too small and the wrong way round so that is useless to you(sorry)

Now the test itself was almost identical to that only there was more of everything,IE:more on the panel,more instruments and more faults.
I had to do a lot more checking back and forth,referring to the other books that had the info on the faults I had on each train and then prioritising them and writing in the correct code and any other info that it said I may have had to have taken note of.
Sometimes you got your fault code for maybe the panels but it then asked you to check to say for instance the batteries and if they were fitted after a certain date then the code for that fault would be .....

It's not particularly hard but as like most of these train tests,speed and accuracy are key.

Thanks for the good wishes,I hope I have done enough but I ain't that confident that eight,if all correct of course will be enough.
I did go ahead and order the WAFV platinum package from "How 2 become" as it was stated that the next assessment day would include the TRP test,GB test and things like that.
Last edited by ManUtd; 7th December 2014 at 14:20. Reason: Added to.[/QUOTE]

Thanks
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
From another thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjims
Hi ManUtd

What's a DFFT test?

Can you shed a bit of light on that?

Lets hope you did enough to get through.

Good luck
Hi jimjims,

A DFFT test is a Driver Fault Finding Test,it was of a fictional train company and your test paper showed panels which consisted of all sorts of info from a power box,batteries,solar panels,washers,wiper,windows etc.

You then had three other sets of booklets that had info on them relating to "your train" and the instruments mentioned above,I have added a pic of my practice paper but it has come through too small and the wrong way round so that is useless to you(sorry)

Now the test itself was almost identical to that only there was more of everything,IE:more on the panel,more instruments and more faults.
I had to do a lot more checking back and forth,referring to the other books that had the info on the faults I had on each train and then prioritising them and writing in the correct code and any other info that it said I may have had to have taken note of.
Sometimes you got your fault code for maybe the panels but it then asked you to check to say for instance the batteries and if they were fitted after a certain date then the code for that fault would be .....

It's not particularly hard but as like most of these train tests,speed and accuracy are key.

Thanks for the good wishes,I hope I have done enough but I ain't that confident that eight,if all correct of course will be enough.
I did go ahead and order the WAFV platinum package from "How 2 become" as it was stated that the next assessment day would include the TRP test,GB test and things like that.
Last edited by ManUtd; 7th December 2014 at 14:20. Reason: Added to.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.