• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodie

Hello,

Been doing a search of the internet looking for upto date diagrams. I can't find anything later then 2009.

In particular i'm looking for Class 91 East Coast diagrams and Pendolino, voyager diagrams for Virgin.

Anything out there???

Thanks

Bodie

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheJRB

Established Member
I must say I'm pretty interested in finding some diagrams too. Apart from the trains mentioned above, I'd like to see some up to date Southeastern stuff too if anybody can help.

Established Member
Some of the East Coast timetables which show catering also show if it is booked to work either a 225 or HST (plus you know if it is going somewhere such as Aberdeen it will have to be a HST).

TOCs rarely will give out diagrams as they see it as commercially sensitive information.

westcoaster

Established Member
Specific yahoo groups for each toc or unit, may have diagrams in there, you would have to check each one, southeastern is a massive toc I would hate to trawl each and every one lol.

Bodie

Thanks, thats very interesting

I'd like to see a website on day with every diagram from every train.

Our EC set is helping work out some of the diagrams of the Class 91's

theblackwatch

Established Member
The East Coast HST & 91 diagrams appeared in Today's Railways UK back in the summer.

HH

Established Member
The East Coast HST & 91 diagrams appeared in Today's Railways UK back in the summer.

That's because EC is 'owned' by the DfT. Normally it's difficult to get diagrams even if the TOC has to supply them, e.g. if you're one of the bidders for the next Franchise. :)

The Planner

Veteran Member
We don't get them ourselves sometimes until it is very nearly the day of the races, doesn't help when platforming stations it has to be said !

Bodie

Watching our set online today I have thinking that we could put EC diagrams together just by following a set.

Our set today did:

5E06 - Polmadie - Glasgow Central
1E06 - 0650 - Glasgow Central - London Kings Cross
1D16 - 1335 - Kings Cross - Leeds
1A40 - 1615 - Leeds - Kings Cross
1D28 - 1902 - Kings Cross - Leeds
5D28 - Leeds - Neville Hill

Surely this was planned beforehand. I would like to think that whatever 91 set works 1E06 will work 1D16, 1A40 and 1D28???

Thanks

Bodie

HH

Established Member
Surely this was planned beforehand. I would like to think that whatever 91 set works 1E06 will work 1D16, 1A40 and 1D28???

Oh yes. Unless disruption causes a short notice change a set will run all those same routes each day. The sets will be rotated through the diagrams so as to average out the mileage.

Bodie

Sort of begs the question - why isn't there a list of EC diagrams. We already have the one above.

Freightmaster

Established Member
Sort of begs the question - why isn't there a list of EC diagrams. We already have the one above.
Probably because nobody has got the time or patience to work them all out...

...but if you are so keen, why not have a go yourself, using the timetable
of the EC website? ;)

MARK

Bodie

Probably because nobody has got the time or patience to work them all out...

...but if you are so keen, why not have a go yourself, using the timetable
of the EC website? ;)

MARK

I always assume someone, somewhere has beaten me to it.

I'd be more then happy to give a go.

Can I ask one question, how many sets are used on a daily basis (Mon-Fri)?

kyrano

26 sets are used

theblackwatch

Established Member

It would be far easier just to spend a few quid buying the copy of TRUK which listed the diagrams in it!

Status
Not open for further replies.