• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Diesel Loco in Sidings next to York Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

meepmeep

Hi

This is probably a dumb question, but I'm wondering why there always seems to be at least one diesel loco in the sidings at York Station (closest to the York Station Webcam)?

There is one there at the moment (01/08/2020 18:15) but I've seen two before

Jeremy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Oldrowley

Hi

This is probably a dumb question, but I'm wondering why there always seems to be at least one diesel loco in the sidings at York Station (closest to the York Station Webcam)?

There is one there at the moment (01/08/2020 18:15) but I've seen two before

Jeremy

You can nearly always see at least one DRS loco laying over in those sidings (at least you could up to the Covid problem). This has been the case for many moons and in summer a WCR loco also appeared on occasion as a back up for any failures on the Scarborough steam excursions.

Attachments

• 68018 laying over at York   July 2016.jpg
    68018 laying over at York July 2016.jpg
    818.8 KB · Views: 70

Darandio

Established Member
It's called York Parcel Sidings. Very much a DRS haunt although as noted above WCRC locos have been seen there. Transpennine also used it occasionally during training on the 68's and it's not unusual for a snowplough to appear there.

The_Train

Established Member
If it is the same 37 that I saw on the cam earlier, its 37218. Usually DRS leave a 66 there as a spare in case there is need for a rescue loco but lately they've been dropping 37s there. There was 2 of them plus a 66 earlier in the week until a 37 and the 66 went off to Carlisle

Status
Not open for further replies.