• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Difference between restriction text and JPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyphen

Swansea (previously Nottingham/Sheffield)
Hi all,

I shan't go into explicit details here, unless a mod states it's OK - just in case this is a "loophole"... (but can answer on PM)

I am looking to book a weekday off-peak return ticket to a London Terminal. No issues outbound.

On the return journey, the restriction text states two different "via" options, for which there are different restriction times published. The issue is, the "unpublished restrictions" on BRFares, and hence the Journey Planners, only appear to match the first option.

I wish to make a journey via the second listed station (which is also the more obvious route), but I cannot get a JP to give me an itinerary on this, even if I explicitly state a travel-via of the second listed station.

As it's an off-peak ticket I can still buy it without reservations, so no issue there - but am I likely to face issues as a result? As the "unpublished" restrictions are just that - is it safe to assume a printout from NRE's own version of the restriction text would suffice?

Many thanks for any insight!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
Differences are large and common. In some cases there will be far, far more restrictions for those working on booking engines than in the human readable format.

You may use the text, which forms a part of your contract. An itinerary isn't neccesary.

Just make sure you are complying with what the text quite literally says if that's what you plan to rely on as evidence of your contract. And make sure you take the text from NRE.

Hyphen

Swansea (previously Nottingham/Sheffield)
Brilliant, many thanks. The restriction text itself is a straightforward "Not valid on trains timed to depart" London Terminal after X until Y - and there is nothing else specific which otherwise applies. I am confident I can comply with what the text quite literally says.

I'll make sure I've got a printout of the NRE version with me though!

Status
Not open for further replies.