• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Differences in colours on diffrent platforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

I have run not for a few months, both Mac OSX and Microsoft Windows, and i can't help noticing the difference in picture colour that can clearly been seen, and i wondered if anyone else has noticed it, or has a explanation why.

I don't know if one handles Adobe RGB, witch i shoot in better than the other but there is a clear difference, between both the OSs.

Mostly is images are edited on the Mac and the transferred to the PC they look shocking, and i don't mean editing like a lot, just simple exposure, sharpness and the curves.

I just wondered if anyone knew of a way to sort this, or knew why it was happening.

These pictures were edited on the pc, but if you look at them on a mac they are completely different not wrong as such, just different.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andypatten

Thanks

Andy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

devon_metro

Established Member
I'd say the blue balance is wrong on a few of the shots. It probably comes down to how you have set up the Graphics.

Craig

Established Member
Sounds to me like your colour profile is set up wrong on one (or both) of your machines. I'm on OSX and, as Liam has said, they look a little bit too blue.

If you use firefox there's a plugin called colour management or something which is worth having, otherwise photos tend to look a bit washed out.

Rebus

Without any screenshots etc. it is difficult to diagnose but it sounds like you are trying to show Adobe RGB colour space images on unmanaged applications. Anything unmanaged will tend to show sRGB far better. Adobe RGB is fine for home printing but no good for general display or lab prints.

For web/screen use you should use sRGB, Firefox 3 does have built-in colour management and will display thigs properly, but this has to be manually turned on with a hidden command or with a plugin.

IMO, unless you fully understand about colour spaces, or have a specific need to use something else, stick with sRGB.

Status
Not open for further replies.