• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Different train tickets (need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatTrain

Hello everyone.

I'm buying a return ticket for two adults and it is our first time travelling by train without parents. I'm simply trying to ask if a "Off-Peak Day Return: Any off-peak train. Return same day." allows a traveller to get ANY train on return? it's just we change at Leeds and have 10 minutes to get the next one and in-case we miss it I want to make sure we can still use the ticket but for the next train.

I am booking now so any replies are greatly appreciated,

thank you

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
What is your journey?

In general, Off Peak tickets are valid on any services (on valid routes of course) after a particular time. From London there are often evening peak restrictions as well as morning peak, but this is uncommon outside the South East (only Birmingham comes to mind). The answer is probably "yes" but we can't say for certain without knowing your origin & destination.

EDIT: If it's Bradford-Hull, then your ticket is valid on any trains after 0930.

BatTrain

What is your journey?

In general, Off Peak tickets are valid on any services (on valid routes of course) after a particular time. From London there are often evening peak restrictions as well as morning peak, but this is uncommon outside the South East (only Birmingham comes to mind). The answer is probably "yes" but we can't say for certain without knowing your origin & destination.

11:34am / Going from Hull and changing train at Leeds and then going to our destination which is bradford.

19:05 / Going from Bradford to Leeds and changing train and returning to Hull.

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Ditto in the other direction. You'll be fine getting the next train if you're delayed (for reference you're also free to leave the station anywhere on your journey and continue later on this ticket).

Status
Not open for further replies.