• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Difficulty booking Epsom to Zones 1-6

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKB

In the past, I found that booking a one-way journey from EPS to 0035 was the cheapest way to get a Zones 1-6 railcard with Two-Together Railcard discount.

I used to book this on Southern's site. With that now largely unusable, I tried using Hull Trains, but it's saying no fare options are available.

[Yesterday, I booked from EPS to the alternative destination of "Zone U1256 London" and that did produce a fare (not listed on brfares) of £7.85 which was 5p more than I paid a year or so again, so I thought it was correct. Turns out it wasn't and Hull Trains to their credit are giving me a full refund.]

A very helpful man at Hull Trains Web Support says that when he does a one-way EPS to 0035 ("London Zones 1-6") using the website, he does get offered fares, including the £8.00 Travelcard fare that I'm after. We went through every setting on his screen compared to mine and they were identical. For some reason, he can see the fares and I can't; I just get the message that says no fares are available and won't proceed to a populated matrix.

This is on the matrix screen itself where the entry details are on the left, not the Hull Trains home page where entry details are at the top.

Does anyone know of a way to book this or another website where it works?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
You need to select "return" rather than "one way." I get the error you get when selecting "one way."

Just checked on the Love Hull Trains website & it's working fine for me; displaying the £8 Southern only Off-peak Day Travelcard (see attachments).

MKB said:
[Yesterday, I booked from EPS to the alternative destination of "Zone U1256 London" and that did produce a fare (not listed on brfares) of £7.85 which was 5p more than I paid a year or so again, so I thought it was correct. Turns out it wasn't and Hull Trains to their credit are giving me a full refund.]
Guess you realised when you went wrong; U1256 is a single LU journey in Zones 1-6 and not a Travelcard.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 14.47.00.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 14.47.00.png
    233.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 14.46.46.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 14.46.46.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 14

MKB

You need to select "return" rather than "one way." I get the error you get when selecting "one way."

Just checked on the Love Hull Trains website & it's working fine for me; displaying the £8 Southern only Off-peak Day Travelcard (see attachments).

Guess you realised when you went wrong; U1256 is a single LU journey in Zones 1-6 and not a Travelcard.

Thanks!

I didn't try that because the Hull Trains guy said it had to be a one-way.

Status
Not open for further replies.