• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Digital Railcard Delivery Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ld0595

Pretty much instantly. From memory, you are given a download code which you enter into the railcard app.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Hi folks. Simple question... How long after purchase is a digital railcard (26-30) ready to use?

Many thanks.
One of my sons did this a couple of years ago and his recollection is that it was instant, but he didn't need to use it straight away.

tractakid

Thank you. Perfect. The site had me worried when it says applications can take up to 5 days. Got my railcard ready to go.

Argyle 1980

I did my daughters 16-17 railcard last weekend. Used her passport details and went through instantly. Only hick up was the activation code was sent to her email instead of mine, but we found it pretty quickly.

When I renewed my disabled card last year, it had lapsed about a month after expiry so I couldn't auto renew it and had to submit evidence again. Phoned them up and and the call handler told me to email him a copy of bank statement blanking out everything except the PIP credit and a copy of the out of date award letter with matching NI to the bank credit and took my payment for the card. Even after all that, my activation code arrived about 3 minutes after I emailed the documents, so even complicated ones can be very quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.