• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Direct Wolverhampton to Walsall service (Saturdays Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
I can remember it coming up last year as going via Soho but couldn't find the thread, seems odd as it means the curve from the Portobello line towards Walsall itself is uncovered by passenger service [the other side linking the Portobello route towards Tame Bridge covered by a few end of the day services).

Anyhow, fingers crossed it runs via Soho on the 25th November as I need that side of the triangle :)

D.K.TAYLOR

I can remember it coming up last year as going via Soho but couldn't find the thread, seems odd as it means the curve from the Portobello line towards Walsall itself is uncovered by passenger service [the other side linking the Portobello route towards Tame Bridge covered by a few end of the day services).

Anyhow, fingers crossed it runs via Soho on the 25th November as I need that side of the triangle :)
The line is retained for route knowledge and as such runs Saturdays only it did have a service via Portobello to Walsall but ceased about 2 years ago

Last edited by a moderator:

LowLevel

Established Member
It's back running via Portobello Jn by early January 2018 so probably some kind of engineering block occurring?

Confused147

I don't know why they run Wolves to Walsall via New Street which is such a long journey for such two places so close together.
Cant they run Wolverhampton to Walsall via quick route then reverse at Walsall to combine into a Walsall to New Street Stopper?? That's assuming the route is fully electrified for 323 operation.

dk1

Veteran Member
I don't know why they run Wolves to Walsall via New Street which is such a long journey for such two places so close together.
Cant they run Wolverhampton to Walsall via quick route then reverse at Walsall to combine into a Walsall to New Street Stopper?? That's assuming the route is fully electrified for 323 operation.

Been tried before. Absolute disaster & lost money hand over fist. Without local council support there is no hope.

Gathursty

Established Member
What is the state of bus services between Wolverhampton and Walsall?
Is there much patronage on these bus routes?

ChrisHogan

It used to be the 529 National Express route but I think it's been renumbered. A very frequent and well-patronised bus service.

Kite159

Veteran Member
From the latest BLN,

Darlaston Junction to Walsall Pleck junction is closed to electric stock until March due to work on the overhead interface at Pleck junction due to the Chase Line electrication.

Status
Not open for further replies.