• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Direct3d

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigstewart

I stayed with a friend recently and saw BVE there. So I have downloaded it. And.......sadly, it won't work. When I try to start it I get a small box telling that direct3d can't be initialised. Anyone got any ideas on what I can do please?

Running XP Home, and (not running) BVE2

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LondonBVE

Do you mean running BVE 4? Well i can tell you is you can't depend on Direct 3d on BVE 4 (actually when it comes to BVE 4, direct 3-D is not even use.) But you need one essential thing known as Microsoft Net.Framework 1.1 get it from microsoft and install to your computer. Does it help you solve your problem now?

T

Tom

Direct3D is part of DirectX which BVE uses to initialise sound and render the scenery.

craigstewart

Sorry I wasn't clearer. I am trying to run BVE2 but it isn't working at the moment. That's what I meant.

I have installed NET framework and still no luck.

I have directx, updated as I do with all my programs. But still get a can't initialise direct3d message. I haven't restarted yet though which may make a difference even though it didn't ask me to. I am going to do that now. With fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.