• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Disciplinary Interview for Lateness/ Non Attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitdiver

A couple of years ago I received a letter summonsing me to attend a Disciplinary
interview. I telephoned the TOC and told them I would NOT be attending. They seemed somewhat surprised by my attitude and warned me this could result in my summary dismissal. My response was, try and dismiss me you won't have any luck doing that. Imagine the response I got from them. At this point the person I was speaking to on the phone was I think beginning to get somewhat irate because again they pointed out the seriousness of the situation.

By now I was becoming even more disrespectful the the company, but I had to admit in the end the reason for my attitude was in fact that I didn't even work for them. They had searched their records and found my name and thought I was the guilty person.

They had my name because about 3 years earlier I had applied for a job with them but never heard anything. Fortunately this TOC no longer exists. But I did manage to get a job with another part of the company.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Yew

Established Member
In slightly related news, Last week I handed in my notice. When I looked this week, neither letter has been read. I think the management are going to be suprised when I'm not there next week. Fortunately I dated the letter(s), and my Team Leader knows...

Although part of me wants a phonecall asking why I'm not there..

Pacerpilot

I've just got back from handing my notice in actually. I hope they've absorbed its message otherwise a lot of people are going to be late for work in four weeks time ;)

Established Member
Wirst Transpennine Express are still unaware one hacked off member guard now works for another big operator.

Despite sailing past several of their managers last week who were stood on a platform, he is still marked up as sick on their daily sheets ;) Idiots!

Status
Not open for further replies.