• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tay-y-Cafn hotel offers 10% discount for rail ticket holders. Any other establishments doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llandudno

Established Member
The recently reopened Tay-y-Cafn hotel adjacent to the Conwy Valley Line Station has introduced a special 10% offer on all food and drink for rail ticket holders - including real ale!

I suppose as the trains are not that frequent, they are holding you captive for a couple of hours!

Are there any other pubs/restaurants offering discounts to rail ticket holders?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

farci

The recently reopened Tay-y-Cafn hotel adjacent to the Conwy Valley Line Station has introduced a special 10% offer on all food and drink for rail ticket holders - including real ale!

I suppose as the trains are not that frequent, they are holding you captive for a couple of hours!

Are there any other pubs/restaurants offering discounts to rail ticket holders?
There is this at some stations incl Glasgow Central/Q Street, I'm pleased to say:
Welcome to the BiTE discount card website, if you would like 20% off at food and drink outlets at railway stations across the country, let us know where you are
https://www.bitecard.co.uk/locations

Llandudno

Established Member
Ah! I can rent you mine for, say, £5/week:D
Crikey, I know station catering outlets are expensive but I would need to buy (and drink!) quite a few pints at 10% discount to cover £5 a week!

Cheers!

Llanigraham

On Moderation
Discount on the Talyllyn Railway if you arrive on the big train.
Discount at the Centre for Alternative Technology if you arrive by public transport, although it is a long walk from the station.

aye2beeviasea

I suspect they'll give the same discount to anyone who asks for it, train ticket or not.

ASharpe

I suspect they'll give the same discount to anyone who asks for it, train ticket or not.

I suspect so too. It seems me that most bars (not pubs) and restaurants in Leeds will give anyone with an id badge a discount in the hope they will tell their colleagues they can get a discount too.

The bar nearest to my office seems to be specifically priced to account for the discount they give everyone in my building.

Cletus

Established Member
The BITE card discount was reduced from 20% to 10% quite a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.