• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dispensation for use of Porterbrook 319s and 150s post-Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

pemma

Veteran Member
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheEdge

Established Member
These has appeared on the DfT site today

319s: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...rbrook_Class_319_dispensation_11_May_2015.pdf
150s: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...rook_Class_150-2_dispensation_11_May_2015.pdf

(It's not possible to copy and paste from the pdfs.)

I'll expect we'll see quite a few of these. There's a total of 12 minor exemptions but they don't all apply to all the sub classes.

There are a few of these out and about already.

Greater Anglia 156s

Northern Rail 156s

Northern 150s

Theres probably a fair few more.

MCR247

Established Member
I thought there would never be any dispensations and so any nonDDA stock had to be scrapped (not even allowed to sit in a siding without mods) before 1st January 2020?! :lol:

spongsdad

Interesting that one of the 150/2s mentioned is 150219 - which has only just re-entered service after work including the fitting of PIS and a new complaint toilet.

I've always suspected that that's where complaints finished up; down the toilet.;)

pemma

Veteran Member
Interesting that one of the 150/2s mentioned is 150219 - which has only just re-entered service after work including the fitting of PIS and a new complaint toilet.

Is that what Virgin customer relations use? Complaints come in and they flush them away.

dosxuk

Established Member
I thought there would never be any dispensations and so any nonDDA stock had to be scrapped (not even allowed to sit in a siding without mods) before 1st January 2020?! :lol:

There's a difference between not having an accessible toilet, and "Timing of door control illumination" being slightly out of spec.

AM9

Veteran Member
Angel haven't asked for any so you won't see one of the 142s, but do expect to see one for the Porterbrook 'ePacer.'

Is there a deadline for requesting derogations? If there is still time, maybe the DfT have asked the 142 RoSCos and TOCs to wait a respectable time after the General Election so that the promises can be waved away.

pemma

Veteran Member
Is there a deadline for requesting derogations?

I don't know but the earlier they get them in the earlier ROSCOs can correct anything DfT don't give an exemption for.

If there is still time, maybe the DfT have asked the 142 RoSCos and TOCs to wait a respectable time after the General Election so that the promises can be waved away.

DfT haven't actually promised Pacers won't be used after 2019, they've only said the winning bidders of the next Northern and TPE franchises can't propose using them after 31st December 2019.

That doesn't rule out, for instance, Valley Lines having Pacers in 2020. However, at the moment it looks like 23 x 144s and 8 x 143s will be off-lease by 2019 so if Porterbrook convert those to ePacers they'll be more than enough to release the 15 x Angel 142s at ATW.

anthony263

Established Member
ATW I think will need to use their class 143 & 150's a little after 2020 until electrification is completed.

WatcherZero

Established Member
318 and 365 derogations posted this week as well.

Mostly same train gap, arm rests, door controls and signage. Though 365 also gains width of standard toilet door and steps.

Would argue the timing of these derogations (May 5th) likely as they are involved in Northern/TPE bids and the 318 have just been refurbed by Scotrail (explaining far fewer derogations).

ScotGG

Established Member
No 465s (networkers) listed yet? I think Southeastern are supposed to be doing work within this franchise up to 2018 but surely they are limited by London bridge rebuilding works from taking too many out of service given pressure on stock?

If they wait many will need doing after 2018 - not much time at all?

They really needed a BIG refurb the past 5 years. over 20 years old now and dirty and tired inside.

Last edited:

pemma

Veteran Member
318 and 365 derogations posted this week as well.

And the Eversholt 321s. All with a handwritten date at the top of the letter. It almost seems someone had a load on their desk and were told not to make them public until after the election.

andyb2706

I think that the dispensation is only for items listed in Annex B, which doesn't list the PIS or retention tanks/compliant toilets so they still need to be done. It all seems the relate to the door controls if I've read it correctly.

I think that the dispensation is only for items listed in Annex B, which doesn't list the PIS or retention tanks/compliant toilets so they still need to be done. It all seems the relate to the door controls if I've read it correctly.

219 also had some door work done. The doors beep on release and there's a different door closing beep too. The outside door controls are new too. But I don't think that's what the letter is referring to.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
And the Eversholt 321s. All with a handwritten date at the top of the letter. It almost seems someone had a load on their desk and were told not to make them public until after the election.

No conspiracy here. A handwritten day of the date on civil service letters is pretty much normal. The typist cannot predict when the signatory will actually sign the letter, so always leaves it blank.

These must be scans of originals, many of the documents we see on the DfT and other government websites are not formal letters and so don't have the same appearance.

pemma

Veteran Member
No conspiracy here. A handwritten day of the date on civil service letters is pretty much normal. The typist cannot predict when the signatory will actually sign the letter, so always leaves it blank.

I didn't say there was a conspiracy. A lot of stuff got rushed out before the election campaign, then there then the first Monday after the election quite a few documents appear on the DfT site. Were civil servants doing nothing during that period?

Usually the month is printed on such latters e.g. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa.../file/410411/angel_class_150_4_March_2015.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.