• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Disposing of old rail mags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Hi gang!

Quick heads-up to let anyone interested know I've got a good few dozen rail magazines to dispose of. Quite a lot of copies of entrains, a few RAILs, a couple of The Railway Magazines (one of them the special GW edition), a couple of Modern Railways, a few Railways Illustrated, one Traction.

I'm posting here to ask if anyone is interested in taking any off my hands. If not, I'm looking to recycle the lot.

I'll post a fuller list should anyone be interested.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheSlash

Established Member
Are the pages stuck together
Have you tried preserved railways? They normally sell them for a small price

devon_metro

Established Member
Is the Railway Magzine still in publication? As i have a large copy of that, hard back dating back from IC Swallow :p

Julian G

Established Member
Hi gang!

Quick heads-up to let anyone interested know I've got a good few dozen rail magazines to dispose of. Quite a lot of copies of entrains, a few RAILs, a couple of The Railway Magazines (one of them the special GW edition), a couple of Modern Railways, a few Railways Illustrated, one Traction.

I'm posting here to ask if anyone is interested in taking any off my hands. If not, I'm looking to recycle the lot.

hmm, I'm interested on the Railway Magazines and Modern Railways

let me know when you pop down to London, so we can meet up

Techniquest

Veteran Member
No they're not stuck together, they're in a good condition

Might dump them with the SVR if they're interested in that case.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
hmm, I'm interested on the Railway Magazines and Modern Railways

let me know when you pop down to London, so we can meet up

I'm in London on Friday, Saturday evening and Sunday morning. Friday afternoon I'm on a Zone 1 Tube challenge, after that I'll be free from around 1730 onwards.

I'll PM you a contact number, or we can discuss it on MSN if you're on my contact list.

Bighat

Hi gang!

Good luck, tried GIVING AWAY a whole load of train and bus mags. Only one taker, and he never bothered to get back to me, even after I offered to deliver them. Save yourself a lot of bother, chuck them!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
memorex, please PM me to discuss transfer of the copies of RI. I am in London on Friday all afternoon (from 1255 HOPEFULLY, depending on whether FGW can run the Turbo off Great Malvern to time to meet my 5-minute connection onto the 1200 off Oxford), doing a Zone 1 Tube Challenge for a few hours then touring the spotter havens (Bethnal Green, Clapham Junction, London Bridge, etc) before a doss for the night before a long Saturday going to Loughborough and Nottingham, after which I'm dossing for a few hours near Paddington before rushing off for 3 hours of HST thrash.

What I'm saying is PLEASE contact me before Thursday evening at 2200, at which point I'll be going offline to prepare for the 3-day bash. We can then organise where the transfer will take place, as I will already have a bag full of bottles of water for the Tube challenge, additional weight will not be welcome for obvious reasons. Failure to contact me means I shall no doubt recycle them. I shall detail you on the copies of RI I have when you PM me.

I do have a copy of Rail Express with 2004 (a French 20 at the time) on the cover if anyone's interested.

metrocammel

Are the pages stuck together
Have you tried preserved railways? They normally sell them for a small price

I wonder what he could have stuck them together with?

My local railway, the ELR sells copious amounts of old mags in it's various outlets, most of the profits from them seems to be for restoration projects, mostly Kettle related, but good causes all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.