• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dispute with SWR (wanting to part pay with RTV, ended up paying nothing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
I have a rather disappointing reply...

Should I talk to Transport Focus or see if I can get a response from a different person, it was the same person who originally responded.

I found it amusing she said thanks for contacting South West Trains, surely the templates would include SWR?
This is the thing - if you intend to pay by a means of payment which should be accepted but is not (whether through temporary or permanent non-availability), then the station you board at is not deemed to have available facilities. Sadly, another demonstration of TOCs getting it seriously wrong (even if 'only' on paper here and not to any detriment).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
This is the thing - if you intend to pay by a means of payment which should be accepted but is not (whether through temporary or permanent non-availability), then the station you board at is not deemed to have available facilities.
I think this needs to be highlighted in any further correspondence - ask them how, exactly, is someone supposed to pay for their ticket at a TVM if they want to pay with RTVs.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
I think this needs to be highlighted in any further correspondence - ask them how, exactly, is someone supposed to pay for their ticket at a TVM if they want to pay with RTVs.
Stuff it in the card slot, obviously ;)

Adsy125

I have now had a positive response to this after asking if it could be reviewed by a manager. £20, ironically in more RTVs.

Thank you for your response to my colleagues e-mail.

I would like to apologise for any confusion or misunderstanding for the wrong information my colleague had given you. I can confirm that if you are unable to get a ticket from the Ticket Office, then as long as you go to the Guard when you board the train, they will accept vouchers. However, they cannot give any change on vouchers.
The situation as you describe it is not the attitude or service level we would expect our staff members to provide. Even if it is not possible to fulfil a customer’s request we expect all transactions to be dealt with in a pleasant and courteous manner.

Please be assured that your description of events was forwarded to the manager responsible for the staff member concerned and while we cannot advise you of action taken against staff members, I would like to assure you we take all feedback such as yours seriously and deal with such reports appropriately. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

To show how sorry we are for letting you down, I’ve arranged for a further £20.00 in National Rail vouchers to be posted to you. I hope this brings your complaint to an amicable resolution, and I hope any future journeys you make with us are more enjoyable.

Once again, please accept my apologies for any confusion or misunderstanding and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further queries or problems.

Thank you for contacting South Western Railway.

Kind regards
(My name and responders name ommited)

Thanks very much to everyone for their help.

Status
Not open for further replies.