• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Disruption today (04/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ushawk

Established Member
This afternoon there is Electrical Supply Problems at Earlswood, causing 45 minute delays through the area.

This is the 2nd time in a month that this has happened, is it the same cause as last time - a train having shoes ripped off ?

Also a person has been hit by a train at Byfleet and New Haw causing delays to SWT - no info on NRE about that though

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tsr

Established Member
This afternoon there is Electrical Supply Problems at Earlswood, causing 45 minute delays through the area.

This is the 2nd time in a month that this has happened, is it the same cause as last time - a train having shoes ripped off ?

Also a person has been hit by a train at Byfleet and New Haw causing delays to SWT - no info on NRE about that though

I imagine the problems at Earlswood were compounded by the fact that the lines through Redhill station have been shut down due to engineering works today, so only the Quarry Line are open north of Salfords (and south of Purley). I have no information linking the engineering works and the power supply problems, but I imagine there is a possibility that they are related.

The PHBT at Byfleet is (at the time of writing) causing congestion between Basingstoke and Eastleigh, and is estimated to do so until the end of service tonight, but nowhere else. I didn't check the LDBs, but NRE were reporting up to 60 minutes' worth of delays. That sounds like an unusually high level of congestion to me, since the actual incident site has apparently been cleared.

tsr

Established Member
Would this have any bearing on the "congestion"
Most lines between Winchester and Eastleigh will be closed all day Sunday. A reduced train service will run on one line which will remain open. See http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/March2012.aspx#92466

I should think so. Perhaps the NRE website should have been a bit clearer about any link between the two disruptions, if indeed there is a link. Thanks for posting that.

Status
Not open for further replies.