• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

District line 13/14th October

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewRead

On Moderation
I understand the District line is suspended between Hammersmith and Gloucester Road.
I thought it wasn't possible for the District line to reverse at Hammersmith or at West Kensington so what is going on?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Trains will be running empty from Hammersmith to West Kensington to reverse.

MatthewRead

On Moderation
Trains will be running empty from Hammersmith to West Kensington to reverse.
But ithought it wasn't possible for S stock trains to reverse at West Kensington that's what I was told when I wanted the District line to terminate at West Kensington during the Christmas 2017 engineering works.

Dstock7080

Established Member
It is possible to reverse S Stock east>west in the eastbound platform. If the train was in passenger service it would need to stop in the usual place, detrain and then shunt ahead to a stopping mark.
The train could not then enter service westbound as no platform equipment has been provided.

Therefore trains will be detrained at Hammersmith eastbound where Staff are available to assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.