• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

District Line for BVE4

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,

The new route production from BRT will be the District Line between Gloucester Road and Whitechapel, with a possible extension to West Ham at a later date.

The route is actually an update from Paul Jobber's original Circle Line for BVE2, built in 2002. Paul gave me permission to update the Circle, but decided to do the District Line section after collecting photos from each station on a recent trip to the Capital.

The route will feature all the usual BVE4 features, including rail gaps, tripcocks, brightness commands, rain and fog to add to the realism of the route.
As well as that, the route will have unique custom built curved platforms to make the stations looks more realistic, and photographic station textures.

To accompany the route will be a brand new train - the current District Line stock, the D78 Stock. The first version will be un-refurbished, however a refurbished version will follow.

Here are some screenshots of work done so far:

district_1.jpg

South Kensington - new platform textures, updates station textures and objects on the right, and new disused platform on the left.

district_2.jpg

South Kensington - new platform building at the end of the platform, signal accurately placed and updated stop guard textures.

district_4.jpg

Entrance to tunnel at South Kensington - new photographic buildings overhead, new tunnel top texture, and new potracabin buildings on right.

district_3.jpg

Entering tunnel, newly worked points complete with railgaps.

district_5.jpg

Sloane Square - new photographic textures on left and right.

district_6.jpg

Sloane Square - new curved platforms are evident here, with new textures.

district_7.jpg

Victoria - new curved platforms and photographic textures on left and right.

district_8-1.jpg

Updated station textures on left, including 'Way Out' sign, and exit barrier.

district_9.jpg

View from the cab of the new D78 Stock. This features:

- Working wipers and rain
- Working wiper on/off handle
- Working whistle button
- Working traction motor cutout
- Moving combined power handle
- Doors Open/Close buttons complete with light

Any comments?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

I think you could probably be worth doing with making the running tunnels darker.

The Snap

Established Member
The tunnels will be made darker in time, as I know for a fact (having watched the DEV) that you can see virtually nothing in the tunnels. Fog and that will be added, to add to the effect, and tunnel track will be darkened.

On the topic of track, the rail heads will have a texture applied to them too. ;)

And Liam, I'll do the people. Don't suppose anyone has any pictures of random people do they?

Gavelex

looks realy good, I agree with the comment about the people, why not use the ones of the JLE?

The Snap

Established Member
looks realy good, I agree with the comment about the people, why not use the ones of the JLE?

I will, except I only have certain ones. I might just use the Northern Line ones, as they are quite up-to-date.

Coxster

Established Member
Some very nice new texture enhancements there! Is it me or does the D-Stock cab appear to be looking slightly down as opposed to looking level out of the window?

Gavelex

Some very nice new texture enhancements there! Is it me or does the D-Stock cab appear to be looking slightly down as opposed to looking level out of the window?

Not just you...........

still very good

Rich, you have a PM

Tom B

Established Member
Great shots! Another quality route in the making by the looks of it!

Looks great and I like the use of photorealistic textures, it makes the whole thing seem alive! Im also pleased to see that a D stock is in production. As the stations are photoreal, how about seeing into using photorealistic rail textures as well? I have a photorealistic power rail texture if you need.

By the way, is it just me or is the platform edging a bit oversized?

The Snap

Established Member
I said earlier that the track will be seen to in time Kelv. I'll see you on MSN for that texture if you don't mind...:)

The Snap

Established Member
Here are a couple of screenshots of the D Stock in the route. It is a new refurbished version, with new all photographic textures provided by a District driver friend of mine. ;)

newdstockxz3.jpg

newdstock2pq7.jpg

Cheers,

T

Tom

Hmm - if you ask me - I personally think the front end graphics would be better if they were a mix of photo-realism and 'computer' as it were...

nath9425

It looks quite good! I must say the Textures are great! Theres nothing wrong with them, because you want to have the District Line to be Realistic don't we!
But .... The Trains are a tiny bit tall! (Smaller and Fatter Please) A bit like me!! LOL!

Nath

I just want to know this but how's the jubilee line going: :)

Here are a couple of screenshots of the D Stock in the route. It is a new refurbished version, with new all photographic textures provided by a District driver friend of mine. ;)

newdstockxz3.jpg

newdstock2pq7.jpg

Cheers,
whoa that looks awsome apart from (I think) it is all white or at least it was wight when I last saw it, I only traveled on the district line to see my gran in eastbourne lol

twright

I only traveled on the district line to see my gran in eastbourne lol

I've got a holiday home in Eastbourne!<( lol

The district line looks excellent! I'm looking forward to this as well as the Jubilee Line!

Status
Not open for further replies.