• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Diversion of 6Y19 today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

D6130

Established Member
Does anyone on here have any idea why 6Y19, 11 20 Mountfield Sidings-Southampton Western Docks gypsum train spent 70 minutes standing at Factory Junction today and then went round the Hounslow Loop - out via Richmond and back via Brentford - before returning to Tonbridge West Yard?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GB

Established Member
Not sure where you have got that idea from but no that wasn‘t the case.

Dunfanaghy Rd

Why would the lack of consist stop a train running? Of course, I know that a train should always be consisted, some are after the event (as it were). I also know of a time or two when no consist ever existed and the wagons were TK'd to the destination. (Yes GBRf, I'm talking about your move of container flats from Southampton Western Docks to Eastleigh Works. 2 rakes roaded in from Orleans, after years sitting in a yard in France. Around 10 years ago.)
Pat

Surreytraveller

On Moderation
Why would the lack of consist stop a train running? Of course, I know that a train should always be consisted, some are after the event (as it were). I also know of a time or two when no consist ever existed and the wagons were TK'd to the destination. (Yes GBRf, I'm talking about your move of container flats from Southampton Western Docks to Eastleigh Works. 2 rakes roaded in from Orleans, after years sitting in a yard in France. Around 10 years ago.)
Pat
Some routines have restrictions. The lack of a consist means you don't know whether that train meets that route's restrictions or not. Err on the side of safety, and deny access

GB

Established Member
Some routines have restrictions. The lack of a consist means you don't know whether that train meets that route's restrictions or not. Err on the side of safety, and deny access

Are signallers privy or savvy to know which type of wagon can go where?

High Dyke

Established Member
Are signallers privy or savvy to know which type of wagon can go where?
Not always, though some routes / station platforms will be restricted to certain trains. This information is usually available as an instruction at the relevant signalbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.