[DK] DSB's first three EBs (Vectron) have arrived in Denmark

JonasB

DSB's first EB's arrived in Denmark earlier today, here is a video of them shot in Padborg where they were handed over to Hector rail for the last bit of the journey.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gloster

Presumably they will be based at Otto Busses Vej indtil the new depot at Naestved (no Scandinavian characters on my iPad) opens in 2025 (or later).

JonasB

Presumably they will be based at Otto Busses Vej indtil the new depot at Naestved (no Scandinavian characters on my iPad) opens in 2025 (or later).
Possible, I don't know much about DSB's depots. But, they plan to put them in service before the end of October. DSB are really looking forward to get rid of the last EAs.

Established Member

JonasB

I'll bet that, after the AnsaldoBreda fiasco, DSB are glad they went for a standard product that has many hundreds of units in service with a proven record of performance. Rather than going for, say, Skoda as an alternative.
That was one of the requirements if I'm not mistaken, an off the shelf product proven to work.

Established Member
That was one of the requirements if I'm not mistaken, an off the shelf product proven to work.
Think that’s correct, which rather begs the question as to why Skoda bothered bidding!

Established Member
I suspect that it was, at least in part, showing that they could play on the same field as the big boys.
And for DSB, they were useful in keeping Siemens honest. There was only ever going to be one winner of that contract, though.