• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DM Interview - Thameslink

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDS2015

Driver to be

It varies mins took absolutely ages (6 weeks) they are very busy so bare with them

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HRD

Congratulations HRD! when was your interview?

My interview was on the 5th May. Stressful as they were running behind and although it was for 11am I didn't get seen to near 11:30 (and that was after arriving at 10:40 so I could be early) i must say it was a good test of my concentration skills, as I didn't want to look disinterested or tired when someone eventually came and got me. Plus I always figure from the moment you're in the building your interview has started!!!

Nice one! Cant wait to get the medical over with - 2 days to go!

All the best to you!

Did they tell you when and which depot you would start after you pass the medical?

I only applied for the Kings Cross job as that's my local station (and currently where I already worK) I did not realise I could have applied for other depots but tbh I want KGX. I'll be training out of Hornsey after I pass medical

WDS2015

I've just been offered the job 45 mins ago pending medical
Fantastic feeling

Thanks all for your advice and info

Waikikibaby

Hi guys,
I'm in a slightly tricky predicament. I've applied for MTR and GTR.
I took and passed the enhanced tests with MTR as I'd applied to them first and GTR have said they'll wait to see if I get through the MMI before they progress my application.

The tricky bit is that I've got the MMI on 29th May with Line Manager interview afterwards if I pass. I'll then need to contact GTR to tell them I passed and hope I get a quick date for Line Manager Interview.

If MTR offer me a position, I don't want to keep them hanging on too long while I wait to see GTR. I like them both equally at the moment as each company has pro's and con's around location, reputation and salary etc.

Having read all the threads on both companies I've managed to get some info but does anyone know when GTR want candidates to start? MTR is September (I think). Also, how long after Line Manager interview did you get offered a position and how long did they give you to think about it?

I'm so torn between the two! In an ideal world I could split part time working between the two LOL

Thank you all for your comments and advice, I'll try and pay forward any help I receive.

raoa4x

Hi guys,
I'm in a slightly tricky predicament. I've applied for MTR and GTR.
I took and passed the enhanced tests with MTR as I'd applied to them first and GTR have said they'll wait to see if I get through the MMI before they progress my application.

The tricky bit is that I've got the MMI on 29th May with Line Manager interview afterwards if I pass. I'll then need to contact GTR to tell them I passed and hope I get a quick date for Line Manager Interview.

If MTR offer me a position, I don't want to keep them hanging on too long while I wait to see GTR. I like them both equally at the moment as each company has pro's and con's around location, reputation and salary etc.

Having read all the threads on both companies I've managed to get some info but does anyone know when GTR want candidates to start? MTR is September (I think). Also, how long after Line Manager interview did you get offered a position and how long did they give you to think about it?

I'm so torn between the two! In an ideal world I could split part time working between the two LOL

Thank you all for your comments and advice, I'll try and pay forward any help I receive.

Hi Waikikibaby

I found out the same day as my interview that I got the job with GTR, that was a couple of weeks ago and I now have my start date of 1st June.

HRD

Unfortunately medical delayed... Doctor in question had to take emergency compassionate leave. Which doesn't sound good for them.... The wait goes on

Waikikibaby

Hi Waikikibaby

I found out the same day as my interview that I got the job with GTR, that was a couple of weeks ago and I now have my start date of 1st June.

Thank you, I guess I just have to be patient, do the MMI, hope I pass and then tell GTR and hope for a quick date for the Line Manager interview.

smudge67

I sat my first stage assessment in January and because I had already passed the assessments with another TOC I did not have to resit stage two(Febuary) and was told that I would go through to DM Interview.I received an email in April saying there was a glitch in the system and was re asked for my NI number as they could not access the database .I was then told my DM interview was being sent out to me at the end of April and to be patient as very busy. I had still not received anything so contacted HR yesterday and was told that I was on the system and a letter would be sent out with my interview date for the 4th June.I am pleased to finally have an interview date but feel I may have missed my chance of being interviewed early May and if passed put on a course for June.I just hope that the courses wont all be full up and end up in the dreaded talent pool as seem lots of people being offered courses for Hitchin & Kings Cross.I wonder if anyone else who sat there assessments around the same time are still waiting to hear about there DM interviews???

l0c0m0t1ve

Hi Waikikibaby

I also start June 1st. I was told there are also start dates in July and September.

WDS2015

I sat my first stage assessment in January and because I had already passed the assessments with another TOC I did not have to resit stage two(Febuary) and was told that I would go through to DM Interview.I received an email in April saying there was a glitch in the system and was re asked for my NI number as they could not access the database .I was then told my DM interview was being sent out to me at the end of April and to be patient as very busy. I had still not received anything so contacted HR yesterday and was told that I was on the system and a letter would be sent out with my interview date for the 4th June.I am pleased to finally have an interview date but feel I may have missed my chance of being interviewed early May and if passed put on a course for June.I just hope that the courses wont all be full up and end up in the dreaded talent pool as seem lots of people being offered courses for Hitchin & Kings Cross.I wonder if anyone else who sat there assessments around the same time are still waiting to hear about there DM interviews???

I've applied for Bedford but was told they still had spaces to fill for kings cross. After your dmi you should find out pretty quickly if you have been offered a position or not. Should avoid the dreaded talent pool as they have a lot of vacancies to fill

trickytrucker

l0c0m0t1ve are you going to be in Hornsley on 1st June? As I start that date too. But I will end up at Cambridge Depot.

I've been asked to go to Cambridge too after being told Hitchin would be my depot but hey ho can always transfer after two years hopefully.

l0c0m0t1ve

l0c0m0t1ve are you going to be in Hornsley on 1st June? As I start that date too. But I will end up at Cambridge Depot.

I will be based in Kings Cross and that is where I will remain, so I have been told.

Last edited:

HRD

Hi can anyone give me rough ideas of their start dates, then I can work out roughly when mine might be. Once I get the nod from my medical this Thursday. I'm trying to work out when I'll need to give my months notice. Because obviously I'd want to do with a view to starting only a few days after I leave current job so there is not too long without pay. Are the courses all starting around the 1st of the month?

And I know it might sound daft but what did people wear to their medical. How formal should you go do you think?

l0c0m0t1ve

Hi can anyone give me rough ideas of their start dates, then I can work out roughly when mine might be. Once I get the nod from my medical this Thursday. I'm trying to work out when I'll need to give my months notice. Because obviously I'd want to do with a view to starting only a few days after I leave current job so there is not too long without pay. Are the courses all starting around the 1st of the month?

And I know it might sound daft but what did people wear to their medical. How formal should you go do you think?

Hey mate, I start June 1st. I was told there is also a June 6th start date as well as July and September starts.

As for the medical, it is very informal - I wore jeans, t shirt and trainers. The other people I saw on the day were the same.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Does anyone know what benefits you get working for GTR?

Your benefits will include free travel on the Govia Network, discounted travel on other train TOCs, privilege rate Oyster card, final salary pension and much more.

Oh and...

you get to drive a train! :D:D (the kid in me typed that part)

HRD

Passed medical today, drug test pending of course. And as I don't do any I should get the nod by tues /wed the bank hols delaying things slightly... Which is a pain!!! Im hoping for a July start date. Dont really want to hang around until sept... What are people doing if that's the case. Do you just continue your old job until closer to sept when you hand in your notice...

Tenthghost

im in the same boat got my medical on Thursday.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
also from a business prospective you'd want intakes to start on a Monday such as the 1st June one that is happening so your probably looking at 6th July start date at the earliest for the july intake.

WDS2015

Passed medical today, drug test pending of course. And as I don't do any I should get the nod by tues /wed the bank hols delaying things slightly... Which is a pain!!! Im hoping for a July start date. Dont really want to hang around until sept... What are people doing if that's the case. Do you just continue your old job until closer to sept when you hand in your notice...

Think it depends on which line you applied for. Was told they are still filling the GN line courses first and the TL ones start late July

I passed my medical pending drugs of course so looks like July as I went for Bedford
Looks like a wait

MickyB89

Think it depends on which line you applied for. Was told they are still filling the GN line courses first and the TL ones start late July

I passed my medical pending drugs of course so looks like July as I went for Bedford
Looks like a wait

I have my medical today.I applied for GN, so is there a chance of a June start do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.