• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DM Interview - Thameslink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HRD

Think it depends on which line you applied for. Was told they are still filling the GN line courses first and the TL ones start late July

I passed my medical pending drugs of course so looks like July as I went for Bedford
Looks like a wait

I picked Kings Cross and GN, so we shall see with the bank hols hopefully find out either way. I'd rather if say the start date isn't until July or Sept , keep working on current job (pays more than training period)

l0c0m0t1ve

l0c0m0t1ve are you going to be in Hornsley on 1st June? As I start that date too. But I will end up at Cambridge Depot.

I stand corrected! I got a call from the induction trainer earlier and he said I will be in Hornsey at first! for several weeks apparently! I will end up at King's Cross eventually. So I guess I will see you there! :)

:p

WDS2015

I stand corrected! I got a call from the induction trainer earlier and he said I will be in Hornsey at first! for several weeks apparently! I will end up at King's Cross eventually. So I guess I will see you there! :)

:p

How long did it take after taking your medical to be contacted by GTR ?

HRD

Still waiting to hear back re medical... Counting down the days. Hopefully hear soon....

Amex88

Hi guys. First post on here. Out of curiosity has anyone heard on when their dmi will be with gtr. I sat the assessment in the begining of May. Thanks

scaper28

Hi guys. First post on here. Out of curiosity has anyone heard on when their dmi will be with gtr. I sat the assessment in the begining of May. Thanks

one person i know of has received a letter in the post, another rang up and said their letter has been posted and got the date over the phone too. so depends if you want to wait for the letter or just give them a ring, personally going wait til Wednesday and if it hasn't arrived give them a bell then.

when were your stage 1 and 2 assessments?

Amex88

one person i know of has received a letter in the post, another rang up and said their letter has been posted and got the date over the phone too. so depends if you want to wait for the letter or just give them a ring, personally going wait til Wednesday and if it hasn't arrived give them a bell then.

when were your stage 1 and 2 assessments?

On the 8th of May. Tbh didn't sit all of them apart from one as I had already passed it before.

Just waiting now for the interview date. Hopefully soon!! Will take your advice and wait till Wednesday

WDS2015

I had the medical on the 12th and got the call from GTR on the 14th.

Think it's because they are filling the GN courses first, for those who applied for the thameslink route I'm told courses don't start until September

traintraining

So is this confirmed, as i was told in my interview that their would be thameslink courses in July and September, so you reckon this is no longer the case in July?

l0c0m0t1ve

Think it's because they are filling the GN courses first, for those who applied for the thameslink route I'm told courses don't start until September

I also think that's exactly it! Everyone in my group is doing GN.

Hoody

Is anyone able to shed any light on the pay structure for me. I know that the starting wage is £24,000 and ends up at a little over £47,000 but I've been told that it goes up during the training. Is this right and does anyone know by how much and at what points?

Thanks

Garyjames1701

Correct! I spoke with HR at the head office after my DMI yesterday and they said September through to the end of the year for the next GN intakes.

Shunter44

Is anyone able to shed any light on the pay structure for me. I know that the starting wage is £24,000 and ends up at a little over £47,000 but I've been told that it goes up during the training. Is this right and does anyone know by how much and at what points?

Thanks

Hi, I'm pretty sure the trainee wage stays that amount until you pass out as a qualified driver.

HRD

Emailed GTR and got a response re medical. Passed that no problem. Now I am waiting on Claire to email me a start date...

MickyB89

spoke to Claire earlier at the head office and apparently the June and July courses are full and now I have to wait until the new courses start which will be from September through to December.

Long ol' wait.

Tenthghost

It is a long old wait September, would be nice for a rough start date so i could plan my summer.

dr1323

I too am awaiting a start date for Bedford, when I spoke with Ronke there was a possibility of a start date in July for bedford

joeynova27

Anyone actually started training and know what the hours are like!? What shifts you been doing !?

HRD

spoke to Claire earlier at the head office and apparently the June and July courses are full and now I have to wait until the new courses start which will be from September through to December.

Long ol' wait.

Though I don't want to wait that long, it kinda works out for me (midway through house buy) so easier not to have to be moving whilst studying. But I have not heard this from Claire myself yet, so might email her just confirm I'm waiting til sept as well

Garyjames1701

Though I don't want to wait that long, it kinda works out for me (midway through house buy) so easier not to have to be moving whilst studying. But I have not heard this from Claire myself yet, so might email her just confirm I'm waiting til sept as well

I'm in the same boat as you, my wife and I have just had an offer accepted on a house so starting in September would be ideal, especially with getting a mortgage. I'm in a secure job at the moment so there's no major hurry but would be nice to know what's happening ;)

dr1323

I am in the same boat as you two, I have just exchanged contracts and moving in to our home this July. But I also wont to get started with the new career :D

HRD

I'm in the same boat as you, my wife and I have just had an offer accepted on a house so starting in September would be ideal, especially with getting a mortgage. I'm in a secure job at the moment so there's no major hurry but would be nice to know what's happening ;)

I am in the same boat as you two, I have just exchanged contracts and moving in to our home this July. But I also wont to get started with the new career :D

That's the position my partner and I are in, ready to exchange and changing jobs midway through isn't ideal. So although I want to start yesterday it's probably best it's in Sept now. I'm in a pretty secure industry job anyway so no big rush

Status
Not open for further replies.