• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DMI interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picklebutton

Anyone else here who’s been in their TOCs talent pool (for a number of months) waiting for a course, but then told they’ll need to do another DMI as their previous one will have expired? Everything else (assessments, MMI) remain valid, so why is another DMI required?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Picklebutton

I’m guessing probably around six months, maybe. I did mine back in January. I didn’t realise DMIs had any expiry date, but maybe that’s purely an individual TOC thing.

I just wondered if any existing drivers might know why a DMI would even have an expiry date.

Driver2B

Anyone else here who’s been in their TOCs talent pool (for a number of months) waiting for a course, but then told they’ll need to do another DMI as their previous one will have expired? Everything else (assessments, MMI) remain valid, so why is another DMI required?

I wasn't aware that DMIs have an expiry date.

However, I have been told by one TOC that DMIs are done with two DMs, one of whom will be yours, and that it's pretty much for them to pick who they like.

I'm wondering if the DM who you interviewed with who would have been yours has moved on to pastures new so the new DM gets to interview you.

It seems a bit harsh, though! It should be transferred over, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.