• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DMU evicted from garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblackwatch

Established Member
Following on from conversations at the weekend with some of you, the Class 101 DMU on the A51 between Crewe and Chester is being evicted from its owner's front garden, thanks to Crewe and Nantwich Borough Council - and it has even made the Daily Mail. See the article here. I wasn't aware that moving objects on wheels require planning permission....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Following on from conversations at the weekend with some of you, the Class 101 DMU on the A51 between Crewe and Chester is being evicted from its owner's front garden, thanks to Crewe and Nantwich Borough Council - and it has even made the Daily Mail. See the article here. I wasn't aware that moving objects on wheels require planning permission....
Complete and utter madness!

Nick W

Established Member
They won't allow a train because it might "kill or injure" drivers. Yet where there's money involved they're happy to cause road accidents.

What kind of corrupt society do we live in?

I hope he gets to keep his 101.

Status
Not open for further replies.