• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DMU From eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richa2002

Established Member
Just gone up to £46.50. Why do people not bid at the last minute ?

The Snap

Established Member
Now £61. You must be stupid if you think I'm paying that! :mad: :(

The Snap

Established Member
God, for a Dapol 150/2? That is daft - I mean, I would spend that on a limited edition or a really good quality Bachmann, but not a Dapol, with little detail...:o :eek: :???: The buyer = :sign3:

richa2002

Established Member
Massive bargain! Go for it! Let's hope it doesn't get ridiculous.

richa2002

Established Member
Oh no! Someone bidded in the last 3 seconds! Absolute piss take.

The Snap

Established Member
I ws on there for a Class 390 Pendolino, with tilt, 4 car for £67, which ws q bit expensive, so I am actually glad I was outbid. I'd have deffinatly payed £56, and even £63, however, for a lad like me, £69 is a quarter of my annual spends, so...(lets hope I get this bloody 142 now.) ;)

The Snap

Established Member
Richard Armstrong said:
Another one to have a look at. I really hope you get it!
So do I! I've been at it since this morning, and havebeen outbid twice, and gave up twice, as they were too dear. FFS, please can I have this one! :mad: :)

O L Leigh

Established Member
Hi Gang!!

People do go mad on eBay and often end up paying as much for a used model as they would for a brand new one. Never be afraid to walk away from an auction if the prices are getting a bit silly. There will always be another one listed before very long.

I'm actually not a terribly big fan of many of the RTR DMU's. The Lima Cl117/121 isn't even the right shape, although the Cl101/156 are much better but still require lots of detailing work. The Dapol Cl150/155 Sprinters are just awful and the Hornby Cl110/142 are not much better. They all require far too much remedial work to get them anywhere near the standard of Bachmann's Cl158/170. I fail to see why we should accept this level of accuracy.

I don't hold out much hope of Hornby doing anything amazing with the Lima models apart from fitting Ringfield motors instead of the dreadful Lima pancakes and offering a few more liveries. That's all they did with Dapol's Cl155, so I see no reason why they would do anything different.

one TN

richa2002

Established Member
Apparently Hornby are fitting a 5 pole motor and directional lights to their Lima offerings.

The Snap

Established Member
I agree, with one TN on the fact that the Lima and Dapol ones are poorly detailed, however the Hornby 142s are no longer made, so I'm after one. However, I think NO train will ever better the 158 or 170 - I have the Central Trains 170, it is awsome. I would also say that the Class 220 is a great investment - runs like a dream, and has working lights.
Shame I couldn't get that 390 though ( although, £67 was a bit much - £60 probably, but not £67! :p )
Thanks for your advice guys!

ChrisM

Richard Armstrong said:
Apparently Hornby are fitting a 5 pole motor and directional lights to their Lima offerings.
I hope so but will wait for a review before buying a 156.
I don't see a point in them just rereleasing the Lima one and hopefully they will add detail such as snowploughs etc.

Jim

Established Member
I agree with One TN here, the older units are rubbish, mainly due to the fact that the motors were so bug etc. I would now stick with the 158 & 170 & 220 (both VERY good models) until the next version of these comes out.....

The Snap

Established Member
Jim said:
I agree with One TN here, the older units are rubbish, mainly due to the fact that the motors were so bug etc. I would now stick with the 158 & 170 & 220 (both VERY good models) until the next version of these comes out.....
The Voyagers and 170s are both excellent, I have them. With regards to the older models, I don't think Hornby make the 142s anymore, so I just wanted one. I think if they were to make a new one now, it would be much, much better. In the 90s when the first made the 142 model, technology was no where near as good as it is now.
:)

The Snap

Established Member
AlexS said:
Bit late now, but in case it is a problem, that 117 isn't actually a 117, it's a 101 unless i'm much mistaken.
Hi Alex,
I have been getting them confused. I was convinced that the Class 101 was a 117. I much prefer the 101 to 117, they look better. It wasn't long ago that they were taken out of mainline service was it? Anyway, the 142 is in the post and is expected on Thursday. I'll post again with feedback! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.