• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DMU From eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexS

Established Member
101s out of mainline service back in 2003. Different builders too - 101s were a MetCam product, 117s were Pressed Steel. The 117s had a high density layout on the body, similar to the VEPs if that makes it easier. The MetCams had a different front end to the standard BR Derby/Pressed Steel DMUs (those being the 108/115/116/117/121 units). MetCams had a low density external structure, but high density 3+2 seating arrangement.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Rich said:
I put a bid on with 2 mins to go, and pressed F5 to reset the page every ten seconds. I got to 10 seconds, and this w*nker came in and put a bid on, I tried to bid again, but I was too late! :(Any other suggestions, as I'm still on the look out for ones going today...
I think you need to understand how eBay works to get the best out of it.

You need to enter your MAXIMUM bid. eBay will automatically increase your bid to the maximum if others bid.

Don't just put a lower amount and then refresh to see if anyone beats it, there's no need to do that!

T

Tom

To ensure a win I normally bid within the last 7 seconds to ensure a buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.