• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Do any £1 Megatrain fares actually exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do £1 fares on Megatrain actually exist like they claim they do? I have looked on the Megabus website (which is used for Megatrain) so many times and have never found a £1 fare. I have looked at all journeys between all EMT stations that Megatrain is valid between but nothing for £1 every comes up. Megatrain claim to have fares from £1 but do these actually exist or is it something ridiculous like only one £1 fare a year a available?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mainline421

They used to, (I managed to get a £2 return once) but they probably don't now. The Megatrain site now makes no mention of them, although they are still advertised elsewhere in many places. IIRC last time someone asked Stagecoach this they got a reply saying that a small number still exist but are allocated "randomly" (or something to that affect) so a tiny number may still exist.

richardderby

They stopped the £1 tickets on East Midlands trains around 6 months ago, and they now start at around £8. There used to be one £1 ticket on around 4 trains each way, and it was handy to use for LON Derby journeys. Now I use my priv and go via Tamworth instead, as EM trains are twice the price. There are still pound bus tickets though, although I wouldn't use megabus personally ..

Status
Not open for further replies.