• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Do I get compensated if a delay causes me to miss my connecting train?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

highspeed990

Yes.

What happened on this trip? Did you make the connection?
I haven't made it yet, this thread and the other new one I made are about the same issue. You replied to my new one, then to this one a minute later by mistake I think.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I'll be on my way soon, can anyone give me a link to or tell me the specific by law that requires the toc to provide me a taxi, so I can keep it handy just in case I meet some misinformed or ignorant staff, thanks.

This was posted on Saturday (post #28) suggesting you were making the journey later the same day

I haven't made it yet, this thread and the other new one I made are about the same issue. You replied to my new one, then to this one a minute later by mistake I think.

So have you made the journey or not? I must say I really don't understand why there's so much talk about this hypothetical delay, even if it is the last train of the day.

highspeed990

This was posted on Saturday (post #28) suggesting you were making the journey later the same day

So have you made the journey or not? I must say I really don't understand why there's so much talk about this hypothetical delay, even if it is the last train of the day.
Oh it was just that telstarbox answered both my threads a minute after the other so I was asking if it was intentional, no I haven't made the journey, I booked it months in advance that's why I've been discussing it. I've explained why in my other thread but basically after some situations I'm always careful with travelling, even with things that might seem like a non problem.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
For the sake of avoiding further confusion I'm going to lock this thread.

The discussion continues on the new thread which can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.