• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Do I need the card I booked Advance tickets with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodigy

Travelling to London in April on Advance tickets which were paid for by debit card. I was wondering if I will need to show the conducter the card I paid for my advance tickets with. Reason I'm asking is I'm getting a new card soon so don't want to get rid of it in case the conductor needs to see it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Nope as long as you have the ticket and the reservations that's all the guard will want to see.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Unless they are print at home or MobiTix tickets, or they are collect from a station tickets that you haven't yet collected, no, you nolonger need the card.

TP

button_boxer

Established Member
Once you've got the physical ticket in your hands you won't need to show the card unless it's a print-at-home ticket of some kind.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Travelling to London in April on Advance tickets which were paid for by debit card. I was wondering if I will need to show the conducter the card I paid for my advance tickets with. Reason I'm asking is I'm getting a new card soon so don't want to get rid of it in case the conductor needs to see it.

Are they orange-edged tickets or Print@Home?

Status
Not open for further replies.