• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Do LU drivers sign more than one route?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello,
Does anyone know if certain LU drivers sign more than one route? I would geuss that drivers on self-contained routes such as the Northern Line don't, but I'm thinking more of the Circle and Hammersmith & city lines (and possibly the Edgware Rd to Wimbledon branch of the District line). They operate on much of the same route and share a common fleet of trains so I guess that is more likely.
Any information is gladly appreciated. I don't know if there are any LU drivers on this forum but other LU/TFL staff or enthusiasts may know.

Thanks in anticipation,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daniel

Established Member
Yeah the W&C is done by Central drivers based at Leytonstone.

The C&H lines are both the same pool of staff, they don't actually have individual staff; however the part of the District using C stock use District drivers, not C&H.

However test train operators are trained on all lines.

Dstock7080

Established Member
Test Train Operators are qualified on all passenger Stock and all routes.
Former 'TransPlant' operators are qualified on engineering Stock over all routes.
Other Train Operators are restricted to one Line, with the exceptions of the already mentioned Central/W&C and also the H&C/Circle Lines counting as 1 business unit.
Usually operating services to destinations/lines shown on the Map.
Additionally District and Bakerloo operators are trained to Network Rail's 'working over' rules and regulations.
MET and District operators are currently trained on two stocks, with the H&C starting soon on S Stock.

Mutant Lemming

Established Member
It was SO defined that Hot & Cold drivers were not trained over the small stretch of the DR between the junction east of Aldgate and Aldgate East. This caused greater delays whenever there were problems with the junctions around Aldgate with the untrained drivers not able to take a Circle train across to Aldgate East or a Whitechapel train round to Tower Hill (well leastways not without a pilotman). No idea apart from the old MET/DR rivlary as to why they weren't trained - Picc drivers were trained on the DR as far as Mansion House just to cover the West Ken workings.

Status
Not open for further replies.